Joseph Eliahoo - SAS Manager and Statistical Consultant
Mr Joseph Eliahoo
Department: Statistical Advisory Service, Imperial College London
Position: SAS Manager and Statistical Consultant
Research: Medical statistics, Primary care Epidemiology, Clinical Trials.
Imperial College London
- Carroll K, Murad S, Eliahoo J, Majeed A. Stroke incidence and risk factors in a population based prospective cohort study. Health Statistics Quarterly. Winter 2001; 12: 18-26.
- Chatterjee R, Kottaridis PD, McGarrigle HH, Eliahoo J, McKeag N, Mackinnon S, Goldstone AH. Patterns of Leydig cell insufficiency in adult males following bone marrow transplantation for haematological malignancies. Bone Marrow Transplantation. 2001; 28: 497-502.
- Davis BA, O'Sullivan C, Eliahoo J, Porter JB. Survival in b-thalassaemia major: a single centre study. British Journal of Haematology. 2001; 113 (Suppl 1): 53.
- Saxena S, Eliahoo J, Majeed A. Socioeconomic and ethnic group differences in self reported health status and use of health services by children and young people in England: cross sectional study. British Medical Journal. 2002; 325: 520-523.
- Evans AW, Aghabeigi B, Leeson R, O’Sullivan C, Eliahoo J. Assessment of surgeon competency to remove mandibular third molar teeth. International Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. 2002; 31 (4): 434-438.
- Majeed A, Eliahoo J, Bardsley M, Morgan D, Bindman AB. Variation in coronary artery bypass grafting, angioplasty, cataract surgery, and hip replacement rates among primary care groups in London: association with population and practice characteristics. Journal of Public Health Medicine. 2002; 24 (1): 21-26.
- Evans AW, Aghabeigi B, Leeson R, O’Sullivan C, Eliahoo J. Are we really as good as we think we are? Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. 2002; 84 (1): 54-56.
- Kyriacou C, Kottaridis PD, Eliahoo J, Mckeag N, McGarrigle HH, Linch DC, Mackinnon S, Chatterjee R. Germ cell damage and Leydig cell insufficiency in recipients of non myeloablative chemotherapy for haematological malignancy. Bone Marrow Transplantation. 2003; 31: 45-50.
- Burdett E, Stephens R, Eliahoo J, Ziyad A, Moulding R, Donnolly T, Siva M, Grocott M, Curtis M, Mythen M. ABO blood group and outcome after cardiac surgery. European Journal of Anaesthesiology. 2003; 20 (suppl. 30): A 308.
- Omar RZ, Ambler G, Royston P, Eliahoo J, Taylor KM. Cardiac surgery risk modeling for mortality: a review of current practice and suggestions for improvement. Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 2004; 77: 2232-2237.
- Hunt K, Bajekal R, Calder I, Meacher R, Eliahoo J, Acheson JF. Changes in intraocular pressure in anesthetised prone patients. Journal of Neurosurgical Anesthesiology. 2004; 16 (4): 287-290.
- Desigan S, Hall-Craggs MA, Ho C-P, Eliahoo J, Porter JB. Degenerative disc disease as a cause of back pain in the thalassaemic population: a case-control study using MRI and plain radiographs. Skeletal Radiology. 2006; 35 (2): 95-102.
- Witherow H, Offord D, Eliahoo J, Stewart A. Postoperative fractures of the lingual plate after bilateral sagittal split osteotomies. British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. 2006; 44 (4): 296-300.
- Hargreaves S, Friedland JS, Gothard P, Saxena S, Millington H, Eliahoo J, Le Feuvre P, Holmes A. Impact on and use of health services by international migrants: questionnaire survey on inner city London A&E attenders. BMC Health Services Research. 2006; 6: 153.
- Fox AT, Maisnam D, Eliahoo J. Low MMR vaccine uptake amongst children with egg allergy. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2006; 117 (2, supplement): S226.
- Kinali M, Main M, Eliahoo J, Messina S, Knight RK, Lehovsky J, Edge G, Mercuri E, Manzur AY, Muntoni F. Predictive factors for the development of scoliosis in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. European Journal of Paediatric Neurology. 2007; 11 (3): 160-166.
- Cooke G, Hargreaves S, Natkunarajah J, Sandhu G, Dhasmana D, Eliahoo J, H olmes A, Friedland JS. Impact on and use of an inn er-city London Infectious Diseases Department by international migrants: a questionnaire survey. BiomedCentral Health Services Research. 2 007; 7:113.
- Soljak MA, Majeed A, Eliahoo J, Dornhorst A. Ethnic inequalities in the treatment and outcome of diabetes in three English Primary Care Trusts. International Journal for Equity in H ealth. 2007; 6:8.
- Tyrer P, Oliver-Africano PC, Ahmed Z, Bour as N, Cooray S, Deb S, R omeo R, Knapp M, Mur phy D, Hare M, Meade M, Reece B, Kramo K, Bhaumik S, Harley D, Regan A, Thomas D, Rao B, North B, Eliahoo J, Issa S, Soni A, Crawford M. Risperidone, haloperidol and placebo in the treatment of aggressive challenging behaviour in intellectual disability: randomised controlled trial. The Lancet. 2008; 371 (9606): 57-63.
- Taher SSE, Eliahoo J, Kumar S, Plumeridge A, Bennett P. Association of isolated single umbilical artery with adverse perinatal outcome in 18,224 unselected patients. Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2008; 32 (3): 353.
- Tyrer P, Oliver-Africano P, Romeo R, Knapp M, Dickens S, Bouras N, Ahmed Z, Cooray S, Deb S, Murphy D, Hare M, Meade M, Reece B, Kramo K, Bhaumik S, Harley D, Regan A, Thomas D, Rao B, Karatela S, Lenotre L, Watson J, Soni A, Crawford M, Eliahoo J, North B. Neurolept ics in the treatment of aggressive challenging behaviour for people with intellectual disabilities: a randomised controlled trial (NACHBID). Health Technology Assessment. 2009; 13:21.
- Thomson EC, Nastouli E, Main J, Karayiannis P, Eliahoo J, Muir D, McClure M. Delayed anti-HCV antibody response in HIV-positive men acutely infected with HCV. AIDS. 2009; 23 (1): 89-93.
- Morin SHX, Cobbold JF L, Lim AKP, Eliahoo J, Louise Thomas E, Mehta SR, Durighel G, Fitzpatrick J, Bell JD, Taylor-Robinson SD. Incidental findings in healthy control research subjects using whole-body MRI. European Journal of Radiology. 2009; 72 (3): 529-533.
- Taher SE, Chandiramani M, Soutter P, Arulkumaran S, Eliahoo J, Teoh T, Hassan S, McIndoe A, Shennan A, Bennett, PR. Ultrasound-indicated cerclage for prevention of preterm delivery in primiparas followin g treatment of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia. Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2009; 34 (S1): 144.
- Clayton E, Eliahoo J, Papalois V. Ethical issues in embryonic stem cell research. Organs, tissues & Cells. 2010; 13: 33-40.
- Mehta SR, Thomas EL, Patel N, Bell JD, Crofton ME, McCarthy J, Eliahoo J, Morin SX, Fitzpatrick J, Durighel G, Goldstone AP, Johnsto n DG, Bell JD, Taylor-Robinson SD. Proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy and ultrasound for hepatic fat quantification. Hepatology Research. 2010; 40 (4): 399-406.
- Tan T, Cabrita IZ, Hensman D, Grogono J, Dhillo WS, Baynes K, Eliahoo J, Meeran K, Robinson S, Nihoyannopoulos P, Martin NM. Assessment of cardiac valve dysfunction in patients receiving cabergoline treatment for hyperprolactinaemia. Clinical Endocrinology. 2010; 73 (3): 369-374.
- Taher SE, Inder JW, Soltan SA, Eliahoo J, Edmonds DK, Bennett PR. Prostaglandin E2 vaginal gel or tablets for the induction of labour at term: a randomised controlled trial. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 2011; 118 (6): 719–725.
- Stanton C, Sethi FN, Dale O, Phelan M, Laban JT, Eliahoo J. Comparison of emotional intelligence between psychiatrists and surgeons. The Psychiatrist. 2011; 35: 124-129.
- Thomson EC, Fleming VM, Main J, Klenerman P, Weber J, Eliahoo J, Smith J, McClure MO, Karayiannis P. Predicting spontaneous clearance of acute hepatitis C virus in a large cohort of HIV-1- infected men. Gut. 2011; 60: 837-845.
- Welgemoed C, Blunt D, Hong L, Eliahoo J, Cleator S. Are supraclavicular and axillary lymph nodes inadequately treated by current radiotherapy techniques in the UK? Clinical Oncology. 2011; 23 (3): S57.
- Chowdhury MM, McKenzie SA, Pearson CC, Carr S, Pao C, Shah AR, Reus E, Eliahoo J, Gordon F, Bland H, Habibi P. Heliox Therapy in Bronchiolitis: Phase III Multicenter Double-blind Randomized Controlled Trial. Pediatrics. 2013; 131 (4): 661-669.
- Zarate S, Eliahoo J. Word recognition and content comprehension of subtitles for television by deaf children. The Journal of Specialised Translation. 2014; 21: 133-152.
- Hargreaves S, Seedat F, Car J, Escombe R, Hasan S, Eliahoo J, Friedland JS. Screening for latent TB, HIV, and hepatitis B/C in new migrants in a high prevalence area of London, UK: a cross-sectional study. BMC Infectious Diseases. 2014; 14: 657.