Introduction to Statistics Using SPSS
A 1 day practical PC-based workshop, firstly familiarising participants with SPSS, and progressing from data entry and presentation, to 1 and 2 sample tests, one-way ANOVA and simple linear regression.
We also offer an on-line course based on the Introduction to Statistics Using SPSS and Data Management & Statistical Analysis Using SPSS courses: On-Line Course For Introductory Statistics Using SPSS.
Course Tutor: Joseph Eliahoo
This course has been approved by the Royal College of Physicians for 6 CPD credits.
Data Entry and Manipulation
- Enter categorical and continuous data
- Define and label variables
- Add variables and cases
- Transform, recode and compute variables
- Select appropriate simple plots and descriptive statistics
Cross tabulation and the chi-square test.
Basic Statistical Analysis
- Introduction to statistical testing and estimation.
- Exploratory data analysis and checking the assumptions: box-plots, histograms, PP plots.
- One sample tests: t-test, sign and signed rank tests.
- 2-sample tests: t-test, Mann-Whitney test.
- Introduction to one-way ANOVA.
- Correlation and simple linear regression.
Early Bird rate is available for up to 4 weeks before the session runs.
Any problems with booking, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Fees and dates for 2023-2024
EARLY BIRD RATE
£270.00: Imperial College only.
£414.00: External rate.
£300.00: Imperial College only.
£460.00: External rate
* Click here for Cancellation Policy
- Tuesday 23 January 2024
- Tuesday 24 July 2024
Please CLICK HERE to be redirected to the registration forms and booking links.
Time and Location
The courses will be run online via Microsoft Teams from 9:30am to 4:30pm on the dates mentioned.
Exact details will be sent a week before the course date.