Become an academic Affiliate
Join the Affiliates community
We encourage any Imperial academic whose work and interests align with IMSE's mission to become an Affiliate. IMSE provides Affiliates with opportunities to meet researchers from across Imperial's four faculties to network, communicate and collaborate. You will play a key role in developing the molecular science and engineering agenda and defining research themes. You can also engage with external partners, particularly around MRes projects. There are currently more than 160 Affiliates, who make up a vibrant multidisciplinary community.
If you would like to become an IMSE Affiliate, or would like more information, please contact Steph Pendlebury.
Affiliates' membership benefits
- Research showcased on IMSE webpages, via the IMSE podcast, in the newsletter and on social media.
- Invitations to participate in IMSE grant proposals, briefing papers, research showcases and co-creation workshops.
- Opportunities for networking with academics across all four Faculties.
- Invitations to research discussions with academic and industrial visitors to IMSE.
- Institute support (including project management, external communications, or financial support) for cross-disciplinary activities, e.g. grant proposals, workshops, symposia.
- Opportunities to develop industrial collaborations via supervision of students on the MRes in Molecular Science and Engineering.
- Funding for postdoc time for contributing to the development of briefing papers.
In return for IMSE support and promotion of our Affiliates, we ask Affiliates to actively promote and engage with IMSE:
- Promote IMSE events and activities (including the MRes and ECR Network) to group members, departments, and collaborators.
- Include "The Institute for Molecular Science and Engineering, Imperial College London" as a secondary affiliation (after your department) on relevant journal articles.
- Contribute to IMSE briefing papers, as author or reviewer.
- Attend and contribute to IMSE events and activities, including seminars, research showcases and workshops.
- Meet visiting speakers.
- Teach and/or supervise on the MRes in Molecular Science and Engineering.
If you have any questions, or would like to find out more about IMSE support for Affiliates, please get in touch with Steph Pendlebury, Institute Manager.