Molecular and engineering thinking in everyday life
Although our Institute’s name might seem niche and specific at first, our work is central to society. Through this blog, we'll bring you some of the stories of how our approach can revolutionise the 21st century, and has already revolutionised previous centuries. How can we make the fashion industry more sustainable? Does the Philosopher’s stone already exist? Can we make fuel from sunlight and air? How can molecular science help us understand mental health issues? Read on for more...
- Kombucha: More than just a drink
- Meet our guest blogger, Frances Mak!
- Engineering agrochemicals for drone delivery
- Talking formulations - new podcast episode released
- Cultural heritage science: uniting the lab and the gallery
- In plane sight - new podcast episode released
- Engineering mayo – green skills for formulation scientists
- Engineering mayo – make it green
- Engineering mayo
- Low carbon fuels for aviation – briefing paper published
- Desirably defective - new podcast episode released
- New briefing paper getting ready to take off
- Barriers to transdisciplinary research
- Transdisciplinary research – what is it and why is it difficult?
- IMSE people – Lingfeng Griffin Gui, MRes alumnus
- New publication alert! Batteries in focus
- Academic-industry partnerships: risk, money, ideas and skills
- IMSE people – Jessica Govey-Scotland, MRes alumna
- IMSE people – Fei Gao, MRes alumna
- Endings and beginnings
- Conservation of materials in a changing world
- IMSE people – Javiera Pérez, MRes alumna
- IMSE people – Victor Riesgo Gonzalez, MRes alumnus
- UK chemicals regulation – a rapidly evolving system
- The next generation: tech, people and skills
- Materials science as a service to society: IMSE’s 4th annual lecture
- Moss balls and marbling - the Great Exhibition Road Festival 2022
- Little things that make a difference for climate change
- Setting up conservation science collaborations
- Designing sponges to deliver clean water
- Molecular mental health 4 – Digital twins
- Molecular mental health 3 – Diagnostic tools
- Molecular mental health 2 – Schizophrenia
- Molecular mental health 1 – Depression and anxiety
- How can molecular science help to understand mental health?
- A simple guide to solar fuels 3 – Finding the best material for the job
- A simple guide to solar fuels 2 – Making solar materials
- A simple guide to solar fuels 1 – Turning sunlight into a fuel
- Catalysis through the ages 3 – Looking to the future
- Catalysis through the ages 2 – Sustainable energy production
- Catalysis through the ages 1 – Birth of an industry
- Fast fashion 4 – How much are you willing to change to become an ethical fashion consumer?
- Fast fashion 3 – What initiatives are fashion brands taking for sustainability?
- Fast fashion 2 – How does the fashion industry need to change?
- Fast fashion 1 – Why is the fashion industry an environmental problem?
- Welcome to our blog!