Our industrial partners
We work with industrial partners from a range of sectors to initiate and develop collaborative, cross-disciplinary research activities. This includes co-creation workshops, Masters research projects, briefing papers, and joint grant proposals and research projects.
Imperial’s world class research offers exciting opportunities for collaboration and engagement in an innovative environment. IMSE is perfectly positioned to pull together teams of experts from across all departments at Imperial, to address industrial challenges. We work closely with colleagues in the Industry Partnerships and Commercialisation team and Imperial Business Partners to to initiate and grow collaborations from first contact, to large research activities (such as themed research clusters, and Prosperity Partnerships).
Partner with us
We help initiate, nurture and develop academic-industrial collaborations across a range of sectors. Collaboration opportunities:
- co-creation workshops
- production of briefing papers
- supporting and managing collaborative funding proposals and research projects
- networking events
Collaborative Masters projects
Our cross-disciplinary Molecular Engineering Masters students partners work in collaboration with our partners to address an industrially-relevant challenge, supervised by two academics from different disciplines. Students undertake a research placement hosted by the partner. This is an opportunity to help train high-quality research students by providing invaluable work experience in an industrial setting.
- bp-International Centre for Advanced Materials
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre
- Cookies Collective/Villa Medici
- Cancer Research UK Convergence Science Centre
- Diamond Light Source
- Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
- Jotis SA
- Pilkington (NSG)
- Process Systems Enterprise (Siemens)
- UKRI Science and Technology Facilities Council
- Surface Measurement Systems