SafeZone installation guide
SafeZone is available to download on iOS and Google Play stores for Apple and Android devices using your Imperial login credentials. Step-by-step instructions are available below, or in PDF format here.
1. Download the SafeZone app from the Apple store. When you open the App for the first time, you will be presented with the below screen. You will need to input your Imperial email address and press ‘Next’.
2. You will be directed to the Imperial Office365 single sign-on screen. You will need to input your College username (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
4. Once you’ve submitted your details, you will be shown the app’s Terms & Conditions. You should read these and either accept or decline.
5. You will then be sent an email to your College email address. Submit the verification included in this email and select ‘Done’ on the app. You will then be fully registered with SafeZone and ready to use the app.
- SafeZone will ask that it be provided access to your Motion & Fitness activity (if applicable)
- It will then ask for access to your location. You can choose to share this ‘Only while using the app’ or ‘Always’. Details on how this alters app functionaility is provided.
- It will then ask for permission to send you alerts & notifications
- SafeZone will require access to your location. Android is unable to differentiate permissions between when the app is open and not. However, your location is not shared with the Security team until you choose to do so within the app.
- It will then ask to be provided access to your media and to make calls or messages.