Essential information for MRes students
The student handbook for your programme is issued to you at the start of the course; an electronic version can be downloaded below.
The handbook contains important information to support you during your time in the Department, from key resources available and how to navigate difficulties affecting your academic or personal life to details of the degree programme and beyond. Please familiarise yourself with the contents of the handbook as soon as possible.
The latest versions of the MRes student handbooks are downloadable below:
Download the MRes Neurotechnology welcome talk slides 2019.
Departmental coursework deadlines are posted on Blackboard. The Department will notify you of any changes as far in advance as possible.
Elective Module Selection on DSS
You are automatically enrolled for all core modules but must choose your electives. Please register for these modules by selecting them on DSS by the end of week one.
Details of when a course is held can be found in the Module by term for MRes students document and also in the elective module timetables in the Timetables tab.
Registering for a course on DSS will register you for the respective Blackboard course overnight.
Whether related to academic or personal matters, there are a number of sources of support available to you from both within and outside the Department.
View the list of key contacts in the next tab to learn more about who is here to help in the Department.
Learn more about what's available across the broader College at the Student Space website, where you'll find resources to support mental and physical health, financial needs, English language ability and beyond.
In addition to your supervisor, the below key contacts are here to support you during your time as an MRes student.
- Armando del Rio Hernandez, MRes Bioengineering
- James Moore, MRes Medical Device Design & Entrepreneurship
- Andrei Kozlov, MRes Neurotechnology
- Olaoluwa Ayeko, MRes Bioengineering
- Megan Hutchings, MRes Medical Device Design & Entrepreneurship
- Tamara Gerbert, MRes Neurotechnology
- Jayne Stringer, Student Administrator (Research)
- Melanie Albright, Student Programmes Manager (Research) & Department Process Development Manager
- Angela Kedgley, Director of Postgraduate Studies (Research)
- Adam Celiz, Deputy Director of Postgraduate Studies (Research)
- Tom Ellis, Postgraduate Tutor
- Confidential report form
MRes Neurotech CORE Autumn term 19-20 - core (compulsory) modules for students on the MRes Neurotechnology
MRes Neurotechnology Autumn electives - for reference only: displays all possible electives that may be selected the Topics in... module, in order that you can choose electives that do not clash
MRes Neurotechnology Spring electives - for reference only: displays all possible electives that may be selected the Topics in... module, in order that you can choose electives that do not clash