Library Liaison and Evidence Services Manager
Could you be our first ever Library Liaison and Evidence Services Manager? Would you like to join and lead a friendly, hardworking and well-resourced team NHS Library Team? This is a fantastic opportunity to take on and help to define a newly created role within Library Services’ Medicine and NHS Liaison Team. The NHS Library Liaison and Evidence Services Manager will lead on strategic and operational management of our NHS services,...
Job listing information
- Reference ACA00063
- Date posted 2 August 2022
- Closing date 30 August 2022
Could you be our first ever Library Liaison and Evidence Services Manager? Would you like to join and lead a friendly, hardworking and well-resourced team NHS Library Team?
This is a fantastic opportunity to take on and help to define a newly created role within Library Services’ Medicine and NHS Liaison Team. The NHS Library Liaison and Evidence Services Manager will lead on strategic and operational management of our NHS services, delivered to five local NHS Trusts.
The Mission of our NHS Library Services is: To deliver innovative and proactive, user focused library and evidence services, in the right place at the right time to our partner NHS Trusts. Supporting them to deliver excellent patient centred care through mobilising the evidence base and empowering them with information and expertise to make better decisions and inform best practice in clinical care, education, research, and organisational development.
The successful applicant will use their professional expertise and strong management skills to drive improvements in our NHS library services with the aim of making them business critical and integrated into our partner organisations decision making processes.
The Library Liaison and Evidence Services Manager will be a key point of contact for senior level liaison with stakeholders in our partner trusts and will use those relationships and the networks that they develop to understand the knowledge and evidence needs of our partner organisations..
You will oversee the delivery of the full range of NHS Library Services including the development of a programme of health and information literacy training; evidence search services, current awareness and knowledge mobilisation services. They will use user feedback and a diverse range of evidence gathering techniques to understand our userbase and actively develop and continuously improve services to support them
Duties and responsibilities
Key responsibilities include:
- Relationship management with partner NHS Trusts, Health Education England and other sector organisations
- Strategic and operational planning and service delivery
- Service evaluation, quality assurance and reporting
- User engagement, marketing and promotion
- Line management of the NHS Library Team
- Resource management and planning
- Sector engagement
For full details of duties and responsibilities, please refer to the job description.
- Education to degree level, or equivalent qualifications or experience.
- A relevant professional qualification, such as Library and Information Science/ Information Management or equivalent experience.
- Substantial experience in delivering health library services within a higher education or healthcare environment.
- Substantial Experience of planning and delivering programmes of information and health literacy training.
- Substantial experience in providing guidance, training and personal support on the use of electronic and print information resources using expert knowledge and advanced literature searching skills to satisfy in-depth, complex enquiries.
- Proven competence and experience of successfully managing staff in a service orientated environment, including staff training and development and performance management.
- Experience of creating and analysing a variety of user engagement techniques (e.g. surveys, focus groups, touchstone tours, etc.) to develop a comprehensive understanding of library users and inform service developments.
- Demonstratable experience of delivering innovative service development and improvement initiatives based on user and organisational needs.
- A good working knowledge of healthcare policy, its aims and its implications for public sector health library provision in England.
- Understanding and awareness of current and emerging teaching and learning practices.
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of marketing strategies and their application in promoting library services.
Skills and Abilities
- Evidence of proven strong advocacy and influencing skills and an ability to interact and build working relationships with a wide range of people in order to promote and champion Library Services.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills with evidence of the ability to manage competing demands to deliver work to agreed deadlines and quality standards.
- Excellent team management skills with evidence of the ability to manage and motivate a team to delivery multiple work streams to agreed deadlines and quality standards.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills used to inform strategic discussions, conduct analyses, identify problems, and come up with creative solutions using technology to support analysis and aid in communicating idea.
- An enthusiastic self-motivated team player, who is committed to achieving team goals through cooperation and mutual support.
- Proven ability to take ownership of problems and use high levels of initiative to respond flexibly to changing demands and unexpected events.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to write articulate and persuasive business emails, reports and proposals, create engaging presentations and speak confidently with a varied audience of library and external stakeholders.
- Strong IT skills including the use of Microsoft Office applications such as Word and PowerPoint for reports and presentation, Excel for data gathering and analysis using formulars and charts, and Teams for online collaboration and meetings; Library Management Systems for circulation, membership and resource management; Virtual Learning Environments and cloud storage platforms for online dissemination of content.
Please refer to the full personal specification in the job description when completing your application. Please use the criteria in the personal specification as the basis for your personal statement. A CV alone is very unlikely to show that you have fully met the criteria.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Simon Hall – email@example.com.
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework. Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender reassignment, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Top 10 Employer for Working Families
Top 10 employer for working families
Race Equality Charter Bronze Award
Race Equality Charter Bronze Award
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.
Disability Confident leader
Imperial is a Disability Confident leader
Imperial is working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect and provide equal treatment for trans people