Student in the Design Engineering workshop

Good to know

  • Imperial’s UCAS code is I50.
  • We advise all students to apply early. The deadline for most courses is in January, but for medicine it's 16 October.
  • Entry requirements can be found on our course pages.

How to apply

All undergraduate applications need to be made online via UCAS, which is the central organisation through which applications are processed for entry to higher education.

When to apply

It's important that your child is aware of the key dates and gives themselves enough time to do a good job in their application.

Most undergraduate courses start in October. Application deadlines vary depending on the type of course – for most courses, it's in January before the course starts. Find out more about applications deadlines.

For medicine courses, students must apply by 1 6 October the year before the course starts.

If the course your child is interested in requires them to sit an external admissions test, it is their responsibility to register for and sit these tests. These tests will have their own deadlines and are often at the start of the academic cycle. You can find out if the course your child is interested in requires an admissions test by checking our course pages.

If your child is intending to apply for a tuition fee loan, maintenance loan or both, it's best to apply for these as soon as possible to ensure that the money is in place before the start of term. Students must apply for the maintenance loan in order to be considered for our Imperial Bursary scheme.

Applications can be tracked online using UCAS Hub. Once a decision has been made (usually at the end of March) it will be reflected there. Most offers will be conditional on your child achieving certain results in their current studies.

Overseas students

Overseas students who are offered a place at Imperial will need to provide any documents we have requested as part of their offer – this may include exam results, evidence of English language qualifications and ATAS clearance. Your child may also need to apply for a visa.

The International Student Support team can provide specialist advice on immigration and visa issues, even before they arrive at the College.