Information for applicants
Apprentices will undertake two fourteen-month training placements within the Departments of Bioengineering and Chemistry, where you will experience a range of cutting-edge research and teaching facilities, both at South Kensington and at our new campus in White City. You will be supported to develop a range of laboratory and bench skills, with key training areas including:
- working safely in a laboratory environment
- following quality procedures while complying with internal and external regulations
- laboratory techniques and their application, including calibration and chromatography
- compiling accurate records of laboratory work undertaken and results
- data analysis and interpretation
You will also spend one day each week undertaking a programme of off-the-job training provided by Kingston College and will work towards the level 3 Laboratory Technician apprenticeship standard. This will include units on Chemistry, Microbiology, and Science fundamentals: titration, microscopy cells and energy. On completion of the programme, you will have the opportunity to apply for professional registration (Registered Science Technician (RSciTech) status).