Student Loans for Canadian students are available for full-time and part-time study at designated schools, including Imperial. 

For an overview of the financial aid process for Canadian students, visit the Campus Access website.

When you apply for a loan, you are considered for funding by both the Provincial and Federal Government, meaning you only have to apply once for funding for the year.

Canadian Federal loans are processed via the National Student Loans Service Centre and provincial loans through the provincial governments and student aid branches.

Canadian student loans & tax forms

Group of students

How to apply

You should apply through your provincial student assistance office or website.

The College is not involved in processing your application for a loan, however we can confirm your student status.

If you have registered at the College and have queries relating to confirmation of your registration status, please contact the Records Team in Registry.

If you have been accepted to study at the College but have not yet registered, please contact the appropriate Admissions team.

Student getting advice

Tax forms

Canadian taxpayers who are studying full-time for a degree are eligible to claim the appropriate percentage of tuition fees paid (subject to certain restrictions) as a tax credit.

The parent or guardian of the student is also eligible to claim the transferred portion of tuition fees allowed under the Canadian Income Tax Act. Further information is available at Common deductions and credits for students.

Students are required to submit the Canadian Tax form tl11a-fill-11e to the Canadian Revenue Agency by 30th April of the following year.

Students wishing us to certify these forms should contact the Student Financial Support team