UK Government Funding

If you are a Home undergraduate student who is planning to spend a year abroad at an overseas University as part of your programme you are eligible to apply for the same funding as you would in the UK.

Depending on the duration of your period of study abroad, you may also be entitled to an additional Travel Grant and the Study Abroad rate for your maintenance loan.

You should apply to your funding authority as usual for your tuition fee loan as well as maintenance loans and grants. For more information visit our loans and grants pages.

Tuition Fees

Tuition fee information for your year abroad can be found on the tuition fees webpage.

Imperial Bursary

If you receive the Imperial Bursary you will continue to receive 15% of your assessed amount during your year abroad.