Student Finance England, Student Finance Wales and Student Finance Northern Ireland have announced the launch of their 2016-17 services for HE full-time undergraduate students. Continuing students should note that the application process from 2016-17 has changed and they should wait for SFE, SFW or SFNI to contact them before they apply. They will automatically process applications for some continuing students for 2016-17. Continuing students who do not have their applications automatically processed will be contacted during March and asked to apply online.

Student Awards Agency for Scotland are expecting to lauch their 2016-17 services in April.  Further details will be provided when available.

Top links

Students in lab


All Home and EU students can apply for a Tuition fee loan to cover the full cost of study for every year of their course. A Maintenance loan for living costs is also available to help Home students with expenses such as rent, food and travel.

The student-led Cheese Society in the Students' Union


A Maintenance grant for living costs, which doesn't have to be paid back, is available for Home students who started their course in 2015 or earlier to help with their living costs. Medical students can also apply for NHS funding in the clinical years of their MBBS course.

Students in  a class

Funding calculator

Home students can use our funding calculator to estimate the combined Imperial Bursary and government support they may be entitled to.