About the Department
- Founded in 1912
- Consistently rated as one of the UK's top Departments for research in nationwide Research Assessment exercises
- Over 500 Undergraduate students
- Over 90 MSc Students
- Over 200 PhD Students
- Over 100 Postdoctoral Research Staff
- Members from over 30 different countries worldwide
- Annual research volume of around £16m
- Ranked as the 6th best Chemical Engineering Department in the world (QS Rankings)
- Satisfaction rating of 90% (National Student Survey 2015)
- Download our June 2016 update slide pack or the admissions slide pack for prospective undergraduate students.
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the Department of Chemical Engineering at Imperial College London. The aim of the Department is to be one of the world's leading institutions in both the teaching and research of chemical engineering and technology.
If you have any questions or require further information please feel free to contact my office or any member of the Department, we will be happy to help you.
You can make contact with officers and staff using the links on the left. Email contacts are also given throughout the site for each specific topic.
Professor Nilay Shah
Head of Department