Information for PhD students
Earth Science and Engineering Graduate Society
Jemimah-Sandra Samuel, Tim Wigan, Sian Evans, Victoria Milanez-Fernandes, Harshit Agrawal, Catherine Booth and David Pedreros Bastidas
Postgraduate Research Studies Committee Director of Postgraduate Studies: Dr Saskia Goes
Postgraduate Education Manager: Samantha Symmonds
Postgraduate Research Administrator: Amanda Allotey
Senior Postgraduate Tutor: Prof Peter Allison
Academic members of staff: Gareth Roberts, Adriana Paluszny, Dr Sam Krevor & Prof Stephen Neethling
The Earth Science and Engineering (ESE) Department has roughly 180 PhD students - that's a lot of people to get to know! ESE GradSoc is run by PhD students to help other PhD students get connected.
ESE GradSoc holds social and academic events, and meets with the postgraduate staff representatives to raise queries voiced by the ESE PhD community. Please feel free to send us any questions, comments and feedback you'd like raised. In 2017, the committee organised the inaugural ESE PhD Conference, where students presented about their work and held a poster exhibition (below).
This website is designed to provide relevant information for postgraduates in ESE and is maintained by the ESE GradSoc committee. We hope you find it useful and welcome any comments or suggestions for things you'd like to see here.
Work related info
- PG Handbook 2019-20
- Work related database including printing, equipment, software and more
- Admin and finance
- GSEPS transferable skills course information. To sign up logon to your blackboard at http://webct.imperial.ac.uk/
2019 PhD Induction Presentations
- PhD Induction, Year 2 Welcome Presentation, Year 3 Welcome Presentation
- Postgraduate Cohort Introduction
- Managing Expectations
- Graduate School - Research Professional Development
- Centre for Academic English
- Graduate Teaching Assitants (GTA) - Casual Pay
- Library Introduction
- Managing Finances
- Societal Engagement
- Your Personal Web Page
- Overview of the opportunities for professional development on offer and how to take advantage of them.