Introduction to Statistics Using Stata
Stata is an interactive data management and statistical analysis program, which has become very popular among researchers in most disciplines. The programme provides a broad range of statistics. It is very user-friendly and also has internet capabilities.
This is a 1 day practical PC-based workshop, firstly familiarising participants with Stata, and progressing from data entry and presentation, to 1 and 2 sample tests, one-way ANOVA and simple regression.
Course Tutor: Joseph Eliahoo
This course has been approved by the Royal College of Physicians for 6 CPD credits.
Data Entry and Manipulation
- Enter categorical and continuous data
- Define and label variables
- Transform, recode and compute variables
- Graphs and tables
- Simple plots and descriptive statistics
- Cross tabulation
Basic Statistical Analysis
- Estimation and hypothesis testing
- One sample tests: t-test, signed rank test
- Two sample tests: t-test, Mann-Whitney test
- 1-way Analysis of Variance (ANOVA)
- Correlation and simple regression
Early Bird rate is available for up to 4 weeks before the session runs.
Any problems with booking, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Course fees and dates for 2022-2023
EARLY BIRD RATE
£216.00: Imperial College only.
£342.00: External rate.
£240.00: Imperial College only.
£380.00: External rate
* Click here for Cancellation Policy
Dates for Academic year 2022-2023
- Tuesday 08 November 2022
- Tuesday 17 January 2023
- Wednesday 10 May 2023
- Tuesday 11 July 2023
Please CLICK HERE to be redirected to the registration forms and booking links.
Time and Location
The course will run face-to-face with an option to join via Microsoft Teams.
Exact details will be sent a week prior to the course date.