Introduction to Statistics Using Stata
Stata is an interactive data management and statistical analysis program, which has become very popular among researchers in most disciplines. The programme provides a broad range of statistics. It is very user-friendly and also has internet capabilities.
This is a 1 day practical PC-based workshop, firstly familiarising participants with Stata, and progressing from data entry and presentation, to 1 and 2 sample tests, one-way ANOVA and simple regression.
This course has been approved by the Royal College of Physicians for 6 CPD credits.
Course Tutor: Joseph Eliahoo
Please book your course on-line by clicking on your chosen date below.
Early Bird rate is available for up to 4 weeks before the session runs.
Any problems with booking, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please book your place on-line below:
EARLY BIRD RATE
£171.00: Imperial College only.
£297.00: External rate.
£190.00: Imperial College only.
£330.00: External rate
* Click here for Cancellation Policy
Time and Location
The courses will be run online via Microsoft Teams for an unforseeable future.
Exact details will be sent a week prior to the course date
Data Entry and Manipulation
- Enter categorical and continuous data
- Define and label variables
- Transform, recode and compute variables
- Graphs and tables
- Simple plots and descriptive statistics
- Cross tabulation
Basic Statistical Analysis
- Estimation and hypothesis testing
- One sample tests: t-test, signed rank test
- Two sample tests: t-test, Mann-Whitney test
- 1-way Analysis of Variance (ANOVA)
- Correlation and simple regression