Data Management & Statistical Analysis Using Stata
Stata is an interactive data management and statistical analysis program, which has become very popular among researchers in most disciplines. The programme provides a broad range of statistics. It is very user-friendly and also has internet capabilities.
This is a 2 day PC based workshop which will go through basic statistical methods with further emphasis on data management. Firstly familiarising participants with STATA, and progressing from data entry and presentation, to one and two sample tests, one-way ANOVA and simple linear regression.
Course Tutor: Joseph Eliahoo
This course has been approved by the Royal College of Physicians for 12 CPD credits.
Data Entry and Manipulation
- Enter categorical and continuous data
- Define and label variables
- Transform, recode and compute variables
- Dates, converting data between wide and long
- Appending and merging data
Graphs and Tables
- Simple plots and descriptive statistics
- Cross tabulation
Basic Statistical Analysis
- Estimation and hypothesis testing
- One sample tests: t-test, signed rank test
- Two sample tests: t-test, Mann-Whitney test
- Three or more samples
- Correlation and simple regression,
- Multiple regression
Early Bird rate is available for up to 4 weeks before the session runs.
Any problems with booking, please contact us on email@example.com
Fees and dates for 2022-2023
EARLY BIRD RATE
£432: Imperial College only.
£684: External rate.
£480: Imperial College only.
£760: External rate.
* Click here for Cancellation Policy
- Monday 28 and Tuesday 29 November 2022
- Tuesday 07 and Wednesday 08 February 2023
- Tuesday 06 and Wednesday 07 June 2023
- Tuesday 01 and Wednesday 02 August 2023
Please CLICK HERE to be redirected to the registration forms and booking links.
Time and Location
The course will run face-to-face with an option to join via Microsoft Teams.
Exact details will be sent a week prior to the course date.