Data Management & Statistical Analysis Using Stata
Stata is an interactive data management and statistical analysis program, which has become very popular among researchers in most disciplines. The programme provides a broad range of statistics. It is very user-friendly and also has internet capabilities.
This is a 2 day PC based workshop which will go through basic statistical methods with further emphasis on data management. Firstly familiarising participants with STATA, and progressing from data entry and presentation, to one and two sample tests, one-way ANOVA and simple linear regression.
Course Tutor: Joseph Eliahoo.
This course has been approved by the Royal College of Physicians for 12 CPD credits.
Early Bird rate is available for upto 4 weeks before the session runs.
Please book your place on-line below.
Any problems with booking, please contact email@example.com.
data stata - general content block
EARLY BIRD RATE
£342.00: Imperial College only.
£594.00: External rate.
£380.00: Imperial College only.
£660.00: External rate.
* Click here for Cancellation Policy
Time and Location
The courses will run online via Microsoft Teams for an unforseeable future.
Exact details will be sent a week prior to the course date
Data Entry and Manipulation
- Enter categorical and continuous data
- Define and label variables
- Transform, recode and compute variables
- Dates, converting data between wide and long
- Appending and merging data
Graphs and Tables
- Simple plots and descriptive statistics
- Cross tabulation
Basic Statistical Analysis
- Estimation and hypothesis testing
- One sample tests: t-test, signed rank test
- Two sample tests: t-test, Mann-Whitney test
- Three or more samples
- Correlation and simple regression,
- Multiple regression