Data Management & Statistical Analysis Using Stata
For this course we offer a special 10% discounted Early Bird rate for those who book early (up to 4 weeks before the session runs).
Please book your place on-line below:
data stata - general content block
EARLY BIRD RATE (valid only until 4 weeks before each session runs)
£306.00: Imperial College only.
£558.00: External rate.
£340.00: Imperial College only.
£620.00: External rate.
- Tue 03 & Wed 04 December 2019
- Mon 17 & Tue 18 February 2020
- Tue 09 & Wed 10 June 2020
- Tue 11 & Wed 12 August 2020
Time and Location
Time: 9:30am to 4:30pm
Location: Imperial College London
Exact details will be sent a week prior to the course date
Please book your course on-line by clicking on your chosen date above. Any problems with booking, please contact Krupa Shukla on +44 (0)20 7594 1754 or email@example.com
This is a 2 day practical PC-based workshop. Stata is an interactive data management and statistical analysis program, which has become very popular among researchers in most disciplines. The programme provides a broad range of statistics. It is very user-friendly and also has internet capabilities.
Course Outline (2019/2020)
Data Entry and Manipulation
- Enter categorical and continuous data
- Define and label variables
- Transform, recode and compute variables
- Dates, converting data between wide and long
- Appending and merging data
Graphs and Tables
- Simple plots and descriptive statistics
- Cross tabulation
Basic Statistical Analysis
- Estimation and hypothesis testing
- One sample tests: t-test, signed rank test
- Two sample tests: t-test, Mann-Whitney test
- Three or more samples
- Correlation and simple regression,
- Multiple regression
This is a 2 day course which will go through basic statistical methods with further emphasis on data management.
Tutor: Joseph Eliahoo, Statistical Consultant, Statistical Advisory Service.
This course has been approved by the Royal College of Physicians for 12 CPD credits.
If you are not able to attend on the day, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you can.