Data Management & Statistical Analysis Using Stata
Stata is an interactive data management and statistical analysis program, which has become very popular among researchers in most disciplines. The programme provides a broad range of statistics. It is very user-friendly and also has internet capabilities.
This is a 2 day PC based workshop which will go through basic statistical methods with further emphasis on data management. Firstly familiarising participants with STATA, and progressing from data entry and presentation, to one and two sample tests, one-way ANOVA and simple linear regression.
Course Tutor: Joseph Eliahoo
This course has been approved by the Royal College of Physicians for 12 CPD credits.
Data Entry and Manipulation
- Enter categorical and continuous data
- Define and label variables
- Transform, recode and compute variables
- Dates, converting data between wide and long
- Appending and merging data
Graphs and Tables
- Simple plots and descriptive statistics
- Cross tabulation
Basic Statistical Analysis
- Estimation and hypothesis testing
- One sample tests: t-test, signed rank test
- Two sample tests: t-test, Mann-Whitney test
- Three or more samples
- Correlation and simple linear regression,
- Multiple regression
Early Bird rate is available for up to 4 weeks before the session runs.
Any problems with booking, please contact us on email@example.com
Fees and dates for 2023-2024
EARLY BIRD RATE
£540: Imperial College only.
£828: External rate.
£600: Imperial College only.
£920: External rate.
* Click here for Cancellation Policy
- Tuesday 28 & Wednesday 29 November 2023
- Tuesday 06 & Wednesday 07 February 2024 (ONLINE ONLY)
- Tuesday 25 & Wednesday 26 June 2024
- Tuesday 30 & Wednesday 31 July 2024
Please CLICK HERE to be redirected to the registration forms and booking links.
Time and Location
Participants may indicate in-class or Online participation.
Change of delivery Mode will be confirmed 3 weeks prior to the course date.
Final details will be sent a week prior to the course date.