Data Management & Statistical Analysis Using SPSS
A two-days practical PC-based workshop which will go through basic statistical methods with further emphasis on data management. Firstly familiarising participants with SPSS, and progressing from data entry and presentation, to one and two sample tests, one-way ANOVA and simple linear regression.
We also offer an on-line course based on the Introduction to Statistics Using SPSS and Data Management & Statistical Analysis Using SPSS courses: On-Line Course For Introductory Statistics Using SPSS.
Course Tutor: Joseph Eliahoo.
This course has been approved by the Royal College of Physicians for 12 CPD credits.
Data Entry and Manipulation
- Enter categorical and continuous data
- Define and label variables
- Transform, recode and compute variables
- Help files
- Restructuring data
- Merging files
- Syntax and output
Graphs and Tables
- Graphs such as histograms, QQ plots and box-plots
- Descriptive statistics
- Cross tabulation (two-way tables)
Basic Statistical Analysis
- Introduction to estimation and hypothesis testing
- One sample tests: t-test, sign and signed rank tests
- Two-sample tests: t-test, Mann-Whitney test
- Three or more samples
- Correlation and simple linear regression
Please book your place on-line below:
EARLY BIRD RATE
£396.00: Imperial College only.
£666.00: External rate.
£440.00: Imperial College only.
£740.00: External rate
* Click here for Cancellation Policy
Dates for Academic year 2021-2022
- Tuesday 12 and Wednesday 13 October 2021
- Tuesday 26 and Wednesday 27 April 2022
Time and Location
The courses will be run online via Microsoft Teams from 9:30am to 4:30pm on the dates mentioned.
Exact details will be sent a week before the course date.