Introduction to Programming Using Matlab
This is a practical PC-based course, introducing the principal building blocks used in Matlab programs and gets you started on programming.
It is not orientated to any specific area of research. This course focuses on a “back to basics” approach to teach how to program in a procedural manner, thus making programming accessible to anyone.
Entry requirements: Some knowledge of Matlab is essential. Previous exposure to programming would be beneficial or should have attended Introduction to Matlab.
Course Tutor: Krupa Shukla
- Data Types
- Entering Matrices & matrix functions
- File Input and Output
- Subsetting, matrix indexing
- Types of M-Files
- Basic Parts of an M-File
- Creating a Simple M script and function.
- Programming components
- Data Input/Output
- Program Control Statements
- Matlab graphs
- Mesh and Surface Plots
- Efficient programming techniques
Fees and dates for 2021-2022
EARLY BIRD RATE
£198.00: Imperial College only.
£333.00: External rate.
£220.00: Imperial College only.
£370.00: External rate
* Click here for Cancellation Policy
Dates for Academic year 2021-2022
- Tuesday 09 and Wednesday 10 November 2021 (half-days)
- Tuesday 3 and Wednesday 4 May 2022 (half-days)
Time and Location
The courses will be run on two half-days via Microsoft Teams.
Exact details will be sent a week prior to the course date