Business School Awards
Nominations for the 2017 awards are now open. Please submit your nominations here.
School Awards 2017
To build our community and to encourage everyone to take pride in their work and the Business School, each year we make a number of awards to students, alumni, professional staff and faculty. Nominations will remain open until the end of June.
Dean’s Community Award for Students
The Dean’s Community Awards encourage and recognise citizenship amongst Business School students who excel in extra-curricular activities.
Nominations are accepted from students, faculty members and professional staff. They can be for an individual student or a team of students.
When judging this award, consideration will be given to students who have made a significant contribution to the Business School community or wider society. Contributions should be current; the Panel will give greater weight to initiatives that have taken place in the current academic session. As these awards celebrate extra-curricular activities, nominations relating to academic/ assessed work such as projects will not normally be considered.
There are five Dean’s Community Award categories:
- Improving Society – someone who has made a positive contribution to raising social awareness e.g. raising awareness of social causes with the cohort, volunteering, organising a fundraising or community engagement activity
- The Power of Innovative Thinking – someone who thinks outside of the box, demonstrating creative thinking e.g. innovative contributions or leadership that takes a project, event or solution to the next level
- Inspiring Brilliant Minds – someone who has broadened the minds of other students e.g. organising an event or activity that provoked inspiring discussion or innovation and enhanced your learning and development
- Pioneering Practical Solutions – someone who identifies an opportunity to benefit their cohort or the School and takes action e.g. someone who has developed a new initiative to improve the student experience.
- Sustainable Business Thinking – someone who actively promotes an environmentally friendly culture both in the College and the wider community.
Dean’s Community Award for Alumni
This is an opportunity to recognise an alumnus who has gone above and beyond to contribute to the Business School community, through volunteering and enhancing the student experience and learning.
Students, faculty members and professional staff are invited to nominate an alumnus from any of the School programmes.
Dean’s List for Academic Excellence
The Dean’s List comprises the top 10% of students (+/- 2%) from each Business School taught programme. Inclusion is subject to satisfactory completion of the award and achievement of a mark of 70% or greater overall.
Teaching Excellence Awards for Academic Staff
This is an opportunity to recognise faculty who have gone above and beyond to make an impact on your learning experience. Students are invited to nominate faculty members in one of the categories below.
- Innovation in Teaching – nominations accepted from all students
- Inclusive Teaching – recognizing achievements in diversity and inclusion in the classroom – nominations accepted from all students
- MBA Core Module teaching – nominations accepted from MBA students
- MSc Core Module teaching – nominations accepted from MSc students
- Undergraduate teaching – nominations accepted from undergraduate students
- PhD Supervision – nominations accepted from doctoral students
Students’ Excellence Award for Professional Staff
This is an opportunity to recognise a professional staff member who has gone above and beyond to make an impact on your learning experience. Students are invited to nominate a professional staff member from any of the School teams including, for example, Programme Team, Careers, Alumni, Admissions, Facilities, Exams, IT, EdTech etc.