Imperial College and Corndel Learner Networking Event

Imperial College Business School and Corndel partner to deliver high-impact apprenticeship programmes. Together, we combine academic excellence with real-world relevance to help individuals and businesses succeed in today’s competitive marketplace through world-class learning and personalised coaching.

"Imperial College Business School is delighted to partner with Corndel in this major initiative in Executive Education. At Imperial, we are committed to increasing access to leading edge thinking for businesses and organisations. We want to help individuals translate learning into practice and make a difference at speed. This initiative is in response to a huge demand from companies and organisations seeking to increase their capabilities in leadership, management, data and technology. And in this case, using the terrific opportunity afforded by the Apprenticeship Levy."
David Brown
Director of Executive Education, Imperial College Business School
David Brown

View Our Programmes

Female Speaker


Welcome to our Leadership Apprenticeship Programmes designed for experienced and aspiring senior leaders.
Read more
Digital Transformation and Innovation in Healthcare


Welcome to our Healthcare Apprenticeship Programmes at Imperial College Business School, delivered in partnership with Corndel.
Read more
Data Hub

Data & Analytics

Welcome to our Data and Analytics Apprenticeship Programmes at Imperial College Business School, delivered in partnership with Corndel.
Read more

Apprenticeship Levy FAQs

​​​​​The Apprenticeship Levy is a UK government initiative, introduced in April 2017, that requires all employers with an annual pay bill of over £3 million to contribute 0.5% of their income to the levy. The funds collected through this levy can be used to pay for apprenticeship training and assessment. Employers can access their levy funds through the Digital Apprenticeship Service (DAS) to cover the costs of approved apprenticeship training.

For smaller businesses that do not pay the levy, the government provides co-investment funding. Employers contribute 5% towards the cost of apprenticeship training, and the government covers the remaining 95% up to the funding band maximum.

​​​​​The Apprenticeship Levy can be used to fund a wide range of apprenticeship programmes across different levels, including intermediate to advanced and higher. This flexibility enables businesses to select a programme that suits their requirements and the skill levels of their workforce.

The apprenticeship levels follow a framework from Level 2 to Level 7:

  • Level 2: Intermediate (equivalent to GCSEs)
  • Level 3: Advanced (equivalent to A-levels)
  • Level 4, 5, 6 and 7: Higher (equivalent to foundation degrees and above). Level 7 is equivalent to a Master’s degree.

The Apprenticeship Levy serves as a valuable resource for organisations prioritising workforce development. It provides employers with a dedicated fund for apprenticeship training without tapping into separate L&D budgets. The Apprenticeship Levy stands out as an essential mechanism, equipping employers with the funds to invest in employee development, boost workforce capabilities, and address specific training needs.

Imperial College Business School, in partnership with Corndel since 2019, offers a range of apprenticeship programmes designed for large organisations seeking to upskill and develop their workforce. Our current portfolio of apprenticeship programmes include:

Our approach operates on a business-to-business (B2B) model, where we collaborate directly with HR teams to enrol cohorts of ~20 learners at a time. This approach ensures that organisations have approved the use of levy funds and benefit from the collective learning experience of larger groups. As a result, we do not accept individual applications.

If your organisation or department is interested in enrolling a cohort of learners, please direct the relevant HR person to fill out this form to schedule a call with our Corndel team.