Join us online for Social Impact Day, where the Gandhi Centre for Inclusive Innovation will host industry experts, investors and academics to explore how we can achieve real social impact.
This year's theme is 'the future of purpose-driven work' and the event will comprise of inspiring panel discussions around how enterprise can have huge, positive social impact and address real global problems.
Shortlisted Ideas to Impact Challenge teams will also showcase their plans to positively impact one million lives in front of guests and an expert judging panel in the challenge final.
12:30 – 12:45: Welcome
Dr Sankalp Chaturvedi, Director, Gandhi Centre for Inclusive Innovation
12:45 – 12:55: Honorary keynote
Paul Polman – Co-founder & Co-Chair of Imagine; former CEO of Unilever
12:55 – 13:00: Break
13:00 – 13:50: Panel discussion – future of purpose-driven work
As we build back in a ‘post-Covid’ world, what are the considerations for the global workforce? Remote or hybrid? What are the implications, and how are we setting up to energise the workforce around purpose?
- Dal Bamford, CCO, Tenth Revolution Group
- Haider Imam, Founder, Tao Leadership
- Poornima Luthra, CEO, TalentED Consultancy
- Keshav Murugesh, CEO, WNS Global Services
- Moderated by Simone Koo Ishikawa, Honorary Practice Fellow, GCII Imperial College
13:50 – 14:00: Special address
Tom Cummings, NOW partners, Competent Boards; ex-Head of Learning, Unilever
14:00 – 15:10: Ideas to Impact Challenge
5 mins presentation per team (5 mins Q&A)
- Eva Arh, Investor, 3VC
- Francesca Baillieu, Investor, Project A Ventures
- Bethany Greer, Investor, Bethnal Green Ventures
- Pavel Skalin, board member, Angels Den; co-founder, Savium
15:10 – 15:15: Break
15:15 – 15:25: Special address
Sydney Price, CEO of The Knew Purpose, ex SVP at Kate Spade & Company
15:25 – 15:40: Closing remarks
- Professor Francisco Veloso, Dean, Imperial College Business School
- Ideas to Impact Challenge prize announcements
15:40: Close and social opportunity