A one year programme ideal for students looking to move into the finance industry
MSc Finance & Accounting ensures students benefit from a unique blend of rigour and relevance, providing an understanding of the financial basics, more specialist knowledge in a chosen area and a practical experience through electives and project work.
Students who complete the MSc Finance & Accounting programme successfully will be able to:
- Understand how financial accounts are prepared and used in decision making, particularly capital budgeting and valuation.
- Have a strong grasp of the legal and regulatory environment in which both non financial and financial corporates operate.
- Formulate a corporate strategy and where necessary support these ideas with a detailed priced proposal.
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of fundamental finance theories and models and their use and context in real financial markets.
- Use the above models to look at funding solutions and managing corporate risk.
- Apply mathematical tools to financial problems including the pricing of financial instruments and products.
- Analyse economic and financial data and evaluate investment decisions: students should be able to apply econometric theory and software to draw valid conclusions.
These online modules will give you basic knowledge of areas which will be covered by the programme throughout the academic year.
This foundation module will introduce you to the modern tools of finance.
Develop your financial base with core modules covering topics such as Financial Accounting, Corporate Strategy and Management Accounting.
Customise your degree to meet your personal career ambitions through your electives.
In the spring and summer terms, you will choose between two types of research projects, in order to develop specialist skills and subject knowledge to benefit your future career.