Regulations and Policy Review Committee
Terms of reference
- To support the development of or amendment to the College academic regulations and policies and make recommendations to Quality Assurance and Enhancement Committee (QAEC) for their approval.
- To support consultation on the development of or amendment to the College academic regulations and policies.
- To support consistency in the making and implementation of academic regulations and policies where possible to enable greater parity of student experience and clarity for staff.
- To consider the timeframes for implementation of new and amended academic regulations and policies and to consider the findings of impact assessments.
- To request where necessary and review data on the impact of the implementation of the academic regulations and policies.
- To provide a clear and transparent record of consideration of requests for changes to or exemptions from the academic regulations, where requested to consider these by other Committees.
- To encourage the sharing of good practice across the College on the implementation of academic regulations and policies where practicable.
- To maintain oversight of national sector and professional expectations and to consider their impact on the academic regulations and policies.
Constitution and membership
- Director of Academic Quality and Standards or nominee (Chair) (ex-officio)
- Chair of Quality Assurance and Enhancement Committee & Academic Registrar (ex-officio)
- Chair of the Programmes Committee (ex-officio)
- Two representatives per Faculty/School
- Two representatives from Imperial College Union
- Up to two Representatives from Student Administration (Registry)
- Representative from Quality Assurance and Enhancement Team
- Secretary nominated by the Chair of Committee
Membership (Academic Year 2023/24
|Judith Webster||Director of Academic Quality and Standards (Chair)|
|David Ashton||Chair of QAEC & Academic Registrar|
|Clemens Brechtelsbauer||Chair of Programmes Committee|
|Lorraine Craig||FoE Representative|
|Jason Riley||FoE Representative|
|Ingo Mueller-Wodarg||FoNS Representative|
|Mike Tennant||FoNS Representative|
|Vanessa Powell||FoM Representative|
|Jeffery Vernon||FoM Representative|
|Cloda Jenkins||ICBS Representative|
|Karen Tweddle||ICBS Representative|
|Kate Ippolito||CHERS Representative|
|Julie King||CfAE Representative|
|Melanie Mullin||CLCC Representative|
|Camille Boutrolle||ICU Representative|
|Yi Yang||ICU Representative|
|Emma Hewitt||Student Administration Representative|
|Mara Arts||Student Administration Representative|
|Kirstie Ward||Quality Assurance & Enhancement Team (Secretary)|
Meeting dates and deadlines
|Committee Dates (AY 2023/24)||Submission Deadline (AY 2023/24)|
|1 November 2023||18 October 2023|
|6 December 2023||22 November 2023|
|17 January 2024||3 January 2024|
|21 February 2024||7 February 2024|
|27 March 2024||13 March 2024|
|17 April 2024||4 April 2024|
|15 May 2024||1 May 2024|
Agenda items (including papers) should be submitted to the committee secretary two weeks prior to the committee meeting. Papers will normally be circulated to members one week prior to the committee meeting.