Regulations and Policy Review Committee
Terms of reference
- To support the development of or amendment to the College academic regulations and policies and make recommendations to QAEC for their approval.
- To support consultation on the development of or amendment to the College academic regulations and policies.
- To support consistency in the making and implementation of academic regulations and policies where possible to enable greater parity of student experience and clarity for staff.
- To consider the timeframes for implementation of new and amended academic regulations and policies and to consider the findings of impact assessments.
- To request where necessary and review data on the impact of the implementation of the academic regulations and policies.
- To provide a clear and transparent record of consideration of requests for changes to or exemptions from the academic regulations, where requested to consider these by other
- To encourage the sharing of good practice across the College on the implementation of academic regulations and policies where practicable.
- To maintain oversight of national sector and professional expectations and to consider their impact on the academic regulations and policies.
Constitution and membership
- Director of Academic Quality and Standards or nominee (Chair)
- Academic Registrar
- Chair of the Programmes Committee
- Two representatives per Faculty/School
- Two representatives from Imperial College Union
- Up to two Representatives from Student Administration (Registry)
Membership (Academic Year 2022/23)
|Judith Webster||Director of Academic Quality and Standards (Chair)|
|David Ashton||Academic Registrar|
|Clemens Brechtelsbauer||Chair of Programmes Committee|
|Lorraine Craig||FoE Representative|
|Jason Riley||FoE Representative|
|John Seddon||FoNS Representative|
|Derryck Stewart||FoNS Representative|
|Vanessa Powell||FoM Representative|
|Jeffery Vernon||FoM Representative|
|Leila Guerra||ICBS Representative|
|Karen Tweddle||ICBS Representative|
|Kate Ippolito||CHERS Representative|
|Julie King||CfAE Representative|
|Melanie Mullin||CLCC Representative|
|Hayley Wong||ICU Representative|
|Jason Zheng||ICU Representative|
|Phil Power||Student Administration Representative|
|Kirstie Ward||Assistant Registrar (Academic Standards) as Secretary|
Meeting dates and deadlines
|Committee Dates (AY 2022/23)||Submission Deadline (AY 2022/23)|
|2 November 2022||19 October 2022|
|14 December 2022||30 November 2022|
|11 January 2023||28 December 2022|
|22 February 2023||8 February 2023|
|29 March 2023||15 March 2023|
|17 May 2023||3 May 2023|
|21 June 2023||7 June 2023|
Agenda items (including papers) should be submitted to the committee secretary two weeks prior to the committee meeting. Papers will normally be circulated to members one week prior to the committee meeting.