Quality Assurance and Enhancement Committee
Terms of reference
- To develop and advise the Senate on the implementation of College policies and procedures relating to the assurance of academic quality and standards in relation to the College’s programmes.
- To ensure that the College’s quality assurance and academic standards frameworks meet the expectations of relevant external national and international quality assurance bodies, and Professional, Statutory and Regulatory Bodies (PSRBs) where appropriate.
- To direct Departments and Faculties in the implementation of policy and regulation relating to the assurance of academic quality and standards, preparation for assessment of quality, programme review and enhancement.
- To undertake periodic reviews of undergraduate and Master’s level provision in Departments, and to report on the review, including the identification of good practice and recommendations for quality enhancement.
- To consider proposed changes to the academic and examination regulations and make recommendations to Senate.
- To review the results of College wide student surveys (via sub-committees when appropriate) and make recommendations for action where necessary.
- On the advice of the Programmes Committee make recommendations to Senate on the approval of new programmes and short courses.
- On the advice of the Programmes Committee make recommendations to Senate on the major modifications to existing programmes and short courses (including suspension and withdrawal).
- To oversee the activities and receive the minutes of the Programmes Committee, Faculty Education Committees, Postgraduate Research Quality Committee, Admissions Networks and working groups as appropriate.
Constitution and membership
- Academic Registrar as Chair;
- Deputy Director of the Graduate School
- the Senior College Consul;
- a senior representative with a responsibility for educational leadership from each faculty nominated by the Dean;
- a senior representative from the School of Professional Development;
- Chair of the Programmes Committee;
- Head of Academic Services
- ICU Deputy President (Education)
- GSU President (or nominee)
|Mr David Ashton||Academic Registrar (Chair)|
|Professor Anthony Magee||Deputy Director of the Graduate School|
|Professor Peter Lindstedt||Senior College Consul|
|Dr Edgar Meyer||Chair of the Programmes Committee|
|Dr Lorraine Craig||Faculty of Engineering Nominee|
|Dr Anita Hall||Faculty of Natural Sciences Nominee|
|Professor Martin Lupton||Faculty of Medicine Nominee|
|Ms Karen Tweddle||Business School Nominee|
|MS Veronica Russell||Business School Nominee|
|Ms Claire Stapley||School of Professional Development Nominee|
|Mr Nicholas Burstow||Deputy President (Education) for Imperial College Union|
|Mr Luke McCrone||President (Graduate Students' Union)|
|Ms Judith Webster||Head of Academic Services|
|Ms Lucy Heming||Senior Assistant Registrar (Quality Assurance & Enhancement) as Secretary|
Meeting dates and deadlines
|Committee dates (Academic year 2018/19)||Submission deadlines (Academic year 2018/19)|
|03 October 2018||19 September 2018|
|07 November 2018||24 October 2018|
|19 December 2018||05 December 2018|
|30 January 2019||16 January 2019|
|13 March 2019||27 February 2019|
|10 April 2019||27 March 2019|
|05 June 2019||22 May 2019|
Academic year 2018/19
- 03 October 2018
- 07 November 2018
- 19 December 2018
- 30 January 2019
- 13 March 2019
- 10 April 2019
- 05 June 2019
Academic year 2017/18
- 12 September 2017 [pdf]
- 07 November 2017 [pdf]
- 16 January 2018 [pdf]
- 23 March 2018 [pdf]
- 17 April 2018 [pdf]
- 22 May 2018 [pdf]
Academic year 2016/17
- 20 September 2016 [pdf]
- 08 November 2016 [pdf]
- 10 January 2017 [pdf]
- 04 April 2017 [pdf]
- 23 May 2017 [pdf]
Academic year 2015/16
- 10 November 2015 [pdf]
- 19 January 2016 [pdf]
- 15 March 2016 [pdf]
- 17 May 2016 [pdf]
- 19 July 2016 [pdf]
Academic year 2014/15
- 07 October 2014 [pdf]
- 11 November 2014 [pdf]
- 22 January 2015 [pdf]
- 03 March 2015 [pdf]
- 28 April 2015 [pdf]
- 02 June 2015[pdf]
- 14 July 2015 [pdf]
Academic year 2013/14
Academic year 2012/13
For committee minutes prior to 2012/13, please contact the committee secretary.