Is the Full-Time MBA right for me?
We consider all applications to the Imperial MBA on their individual merits. We look for a combination of academic ability, work experience and professional status. We are seeking high-calibre professionals with a track-record of success and the ambition and potential to succeed in their future careers.
The entry requirements for the MBA are as follows:
You will need a minimum of three years’ continuous relevant full-time work experience after graduation to apply for the Full-Time MBA. When assessing your application, we will look closely at your career progression in terms of roles and responsibilities, experience of managing projects and people, and how you have continued to develop your skills throughout your career to date.
You’ll need one of the following:
A good undergraduate degree from a recognised university – typically at least a UK Second Class Honours or the international equivalent or an acceptable professional qualification:
Full membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in the UK or Ireland (ICAEW, ICAS or Chartered Accountants Ireland)
Full membership of the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accounting (CIPFA)
Associateship or Fellowship of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
Full membership of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
You are required to have a valid GMAT or GRE score as part of your application for the Full-Time MBA.
We recommend a minimum GMAT score of 600, although a stronger score will add more weight to your application. If you are taking the GRE, we recommend a minimum score of 156 in the verbal, and 158 in the quantitative sections.
You should upload a copy of your results within your application and request your score to be released to Imperial College Business School. This will enable us to verify your results online, so you should not send a hard copy unless we request it.
Our GMAT code is S22-7S-53 and our GRE code is 0121. We accept the online versions of both the GMAT and the GRE.
You may be asked by the Admissions Committee to retake the GMAT/GRE if they feel that your current score is too low.
Each cycle we are able to offer a small number of waivers to candidates. To be considered for a waiver, you need to demonstrate exceptional academic performance and evidence of strong quantitative skills.
To request a waiver, you will need to provide both:
- A copy of your transcripts detailing modules taken and grades achieved
- An up-to-date CV
Submit your request via our GMAT waiver form before you submit your MBA application and will be reviewed on a case by case basis within seven working days.
If you do not qualify for a waiver, you are required to submit a valid GMAT or GRE score as part of your application. Your application will not be complete until this is received, and therefore will not be processed by our admissions team and may be withdrawn.
All programmes at Imperial College Business School are linguistically demanding, and therefore strong English language skills are critical to academic success on your MBA and in your future career. The English language entry requirements listed here are the minimum scores needed for admission, successful students typically demonstrate higher levels of achievement.
A full list of acceptable English language qualifications and our required scores can be found on our detailed English language requirement page, but most applicants meet the requirement in one of the following ways:
- IELTS (academic): A minimum score of 7.0 with minimum scores of 6.5 in all elements.
- TOEFL iBT: A minimum score of 100 overall with minimum scores of 22 in all elements.
- Duolingo English Test: 125 Overall with no less than 115 in any band score
- Degree studied in and awarded by an English-speaking country.
- IELTS, TOEFL and Duolingo scores are only valid if they are less than two years old on the programme start date.
- You may submit your online application prior to meeting the English language requirement.
- IELTS scores are only valid if they are less than two years old on the programme start date.
- Imperial College London considers TOEFL scores to be valid for 2 years. Scores must be valid at the beginning of your studies at Imperial if your application is successful. You must meet the entry requirement in one test from your scaled scores (‘My Best Scores’ reported by TOEFL will not be considered). For more information regarding TOEFL please visit the ETS website. Please note if you would like ETS to send your TOEFL scores directly to the College, our TOEFL Institution Code is 0891.
- The College defines English-speaking countries as: Australia, Canada, Guyana, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States of America and West Indies.