The President's Awards
About the President's Awards for Excellence in Societal Engagement
We’ve always celebrated the innovation of our staff and students, and the winners of the President’s Awards for Excellence in Societal Engagement represent Imperial’s engagement activities at their inspirational best.
The winners of these awards have gone above and beyond their day-to-day responsibilities to deliver effective engagement activities. The Leadership category goes one step further and celebrates individuals who have supported other staff and students in their own engagement endeavours, and the President’s Medal is awarded to an individual whose engagement activities have been truly outstanding.
There are five awards available:
- The Presidents Medal for Societal Engagement
- The Achievement Award for Societal Engagement
- The Leadership Award for Societal Engagement
- The Inspirational Partner Award for Societal Engagement
The Student Award for Societal Engagement
All nominations should be underpinned by an aspiration to better connect the work of Imperial and our research with society. The awards recognise achievement in the following areas:
- Improving the learning opportunities of less-advantaged young people, as part of our widening participation and schools engagement aims
- Engaging the public with research, through a process of two-way engagement
- Working in close partnership with local community and/or patient groups in response to a social and/or research challenge