The President's Awards
How to write a great nomination
Discover how to write the best nominations by looking at our guides below. These guides outline eligibility for each of the awards and outline the questions you'll need to answer as part of the nomination forms as well as the scoring system we use to decide the winners.
- Achievement Award guidance 2023
- Leadership Award guidance 2023
- Inspirational Partner Award guidance 2023
- Student Award guidance 2023
Nominations are now open until 10 March. Find out how to nominate.
About the President's Awards for Excellence in Societal Engagement
The winners of these awards have gone above and beyond to deliver inspiring engagement activities (with school, community, public and patient groups) or to support the development of a culture of societal engagement at Imperial. There are five awards available for societal engagement:
- President's Medal - awarded to an individual whose engagement activities have been truly outstanding.
- Achievement Award - for both individuals or teams who have delivered excellent engagement activities or programmes.
- Leadership Award - for individuals who have supported other staff and students in their own engagement endeavours.
- Inspirational Partner Award - recognises those who collaborate with us from outside our Imperial community to make engagement happen.
- Student Award - awarded to student teams or individuals who have delivered excellent engagement activities.
The awards recognise achievement in:
- Improving the learning opportunities of less-advantaged young people, as part of our widening participation and schools engagement aims.
- Engaging the public with research, through a process of two-way engagement.
- Working in close partnership with local community and/or patient groups in response to a social and/or research challenge.
#CelebratingEngagement with Victoria Male
The 2022 edition of our #CelebratingEngagement series starts with Dr Victoria Male, who won the 2022 President's Medal as part of the President's Awards for Excellence in Societal Engagement. Victoria took time to talk to the Public Engagement team about her valuable work, why engagement is important to her, and how it has influenced her future projects.
#CelebratingEngagement - Communicating COVID-19
We end our #CelebratingEngagement series with Imperial College London's Communications team, who won the President’s Award for Achievement in Societal Engagement in 2021.
#CelebratingEngagement with Ugur Tanriverdi
We speak to 2021 Student Award winner Ugur Tanriverdi as part of our #CelebratingEngagement series.
#CelebratingEngagement with Bella Spencer
For #CelebratingEngagement, we hear from Bella Spencer - the 2021 winner of the Inspirational Partner award for the President’s Awards for Excellence in Societal Engagement.
#CelebratingEngagement with Dr Sunday Popo-Ola
Our #CelebratingEngagement series starts with Dr Sunday Popo-Ola, who was awarded the President's Medal for Excellence in Societal Engagement in 2021.
2020 - all the winners
From a citizen science project with a local school to inspiring global audiences with volcanoes, we celebrate the achievements of this year’s winners.
2019 - all the winners
From building educational centres in Borneo to raising awareness of women and minorities in STEM, read all about the 2019 winning achievements in societal engagement.