The President's Awards
How to write a great nomination
Discover how to write the best nominations by looking at our guides below. These guides outline eligibility for each of the awards and outline the questions you'll need to answer as part of the nomination forms as well as the scoring system we use to decide the winners.
- Student Award guidance 2021
- Achievement Award guidance 2021
- Leadership Award guidance 2021
- Inspirational Partner Award guidance 2021
Nominations for the 2022 Awards will open in Winter 2021/22.
About the President's Awards for Excellence in Societal Engagement
The winners of these awards have gone above and beyond to deliver inspiring engagement activities (with school, community, public and patient groups) or to support the development of a culture of societal engagement at Imperial. There are five awards available for societal engagement:
- President's Medal - awarded to an individual whose engagement activities have been truly outstanding.
- Achievement Award - for both individuals or teams who have delivered excellent engagement activities or programmes.
- Leadership Award - for individuals who have supported other staff and students in their own engagement endeavours.
- Inspirational Partner Award - recognises those who collaborate with us from outside our Imperial community to make engagement happen.
- Student Award - awarded to student teams or individuals who have delivered excellent engagement activities.
The awards recognise achievement in:
- Improving the learning opportunities of less-advantaged young people, as part of our widening participation and schools engagement aims.
- Engaging the public with research, through a process of two-way engagement.
- Working in close partnership with local community and/or patient groups in response to a social and/or research challenge.
2020 - all the winners
From a citizen science project with a local school to inspiring global audiences with volcanoes, we celebrate the achievements of this year’s winners.
2019 - all the winners
From building educational centres in Borneo to raising awareness of women and minorities in STEM, read all about the 2019 winning achievements in societal engagement.
Fantastic outreach work recognised in 2018
Find out why Annalisa Alexander, Head of Outreach at Imperial, was awarded the President’s Medal for Excellence in Societal Engagement.
The inaugural award winners
From time travelling operating theatres to a pop-up heart and lung repair shop, read about the winners of the first ever President’s Awards for Excellence in Societal Engagement.
Student-led project wins in 2018
Learn more about What the Tech? the project run by 2018 winners the Dean’s Student Advisory Council, which connects Imperial students with older people in west London.