Sign up to volunteer
You can sign up to volunteering opportunities by making an account through our online platform.
If you have any questions, please get in touch at email@example.com.
Need some help?
Step-by-step guides for:
Chatting to a volunteer
Be inspired by reading Ata Rahman's experience of volunteering at the Great Exhibition Road Festival!
1. Imperial Lates (various dates)
LOCATION: Main Entrance on Exhibition Road, College Main Entrance, South Kensington Campus
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST IN VOLUNTEERING
(We will send you a welcome pack with further information on signing up as a volunteer and what to expect on the night!)
About Imperial Lates
Imperial Lates are a series of free, after hours, adults-only events. They are a fun and social way for visitors to interct with the latest scientific developments at Imperial College London, centred around a new theme for each evening:
- Food: 9 November 2023
- Space: 7 December 2023
- Sex, Mating & Reproductive Health: 8 February 2024
- Artificial Intelligence: 14 March 2024
Imperial Lates provide Imperial researchers with a fantastic opportunity to engage with members of the public through talks, live demonstrations, artistic collaborations and hands-on workshops.
Your role on the night
You will be allocated a role at the event. We will, of course, try to give you a role which you will enjoy and you will have the opportunity to let us know what interests you most! Roles include:
- Welcoming members of the public and helping with enquiries
- Managing talks and performance entry and turnaround
- Supporting researchers or artists taking part in a workshop or talk
- Helping us understand what people thought about the event
- Collecting pictures and stories for College news or social media
- Join a great team of people
- Shifts that are easy to book, change and cancel
- Full briefing before the event and support of a dedicated volunteer manager during your shift
- Meet people from across the College who you might never have spoken to otherwise!
2. Great Exhibition Road Festival, 15-16 June 2024
LOCATION: Various sites on South Kensington Campus, Royal Geographical Society, and Exhibition Road
**Volunteering slots for the great Exhibition Road Festival will open in 2024**
About the Festival
This exciting annual celebration of science and the arts is a collaboration between Imperial and our cultural partners including the Science Museum, Natural History Museum, V&A and the Royal Albert Hall. Thousands of visitors attend each year to engage with our world-leading science and experience the arts in unique ways. But none of this would be possible without our Imperial community coming together to help make it happen.