Sign up to volunteer
You can now sign up to all of these opportunities via our online platform.
If you have any questions, please get in touch at email@example.com.
Need some help?
Step-by-step guides for:
"I already volunteered at Graduation"
Great Exhibition Road Festival, 17-18 June 2023
- Friday 16 June 1-5PM
- Saturday 17 June 10AM-4PM
- Saturday 17 June 11AM-7PM (full day)
- Saturday 17 June 1-7PM
- Saturday 17 June 3-9PM (Adult Zone late opening)
- Sunday 18 June 10AM-4PM
- Sunday 18 June 11AM-7PM (full day)
- Sunday 18 June 1-7PM
LOCATION: Various sites on South Kensington Campus, Royal Geographical Society, and Exhibition Road
About the Festival
This exciting annual celebration of science and the arts is a collaboration between Imperial and our cultural partners including the Science Museum, Natural History Museum, V&A and the Royal Albert Hall. Thousands of visitors attend each year to engage with our world-leading science and experience the arts in unique ways. But none of this would be possible without our Imperial community coming together to help make it happen.
To hear more about Festival, please visit the Festival website, sign up to receive our event update emails, or follow us on @ExRdFestival.
Your role on the day
You will be allocated a role at the event. We will, of course, try to give you a role which you will enjoy. Roles include:
- Welcoming members of the public and helping with enquiries
- Managing talks and performance entry and turnaround
- Supporting researchers or artists taking part in a workshop or talk
- Helping us understand what people thought about the event
- Collecting pictures and stories for College news or social media
- Join a great team of people
- Shifts that are easy to book, change and cancel
- Full briefing before the event and support of a dedicated volunteer manager during your shift
- Meet people from across the College who you might never have spoken to otherwise!
If you have any questions about volunteering, take a look at our FAQs or get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get involved with Tech Hangouts
Are you a technician or does your work involve tech in any way? We are looking for technicians and tech professionals to take part in a programme aimed at local young people (13-18 year-olds), the Tech Hangouts.
This programme is aiming to engage youth groups from the White City local area to the wide world of tech and technicians through interactive game-based sessions. The young people will have the chance to meet technicians and tech professionals, find out more about them and their careers, get hands-on with some tech, and understand how they can have a say on what goes on in the tech world.
We are looking for people to help us make this happen. The only requisite: you need to be an Imperial staff member or postgraduate student who is a technician or be involved in tech in some way and be happy to share your knowledge and experience with our young people in a fun and interactive way.
This is what we need from you:
- Attend the pre-project 1h training – we know interacting with teenagers can be daunting, but we’ll get you ready for it!
- Take part in one of the sessions we will run – if you want to take part on more than one session, that’s super welcomed but not mandatory!
- Prepare either a series of statements about your career in tech or a 4-minute-long presentation (depending on the session you are taking part on).
- Willingness to be playful – the interactive sessions won’t be just a talk!
This is what you will get from this programme:
- Have a positive influence in how local young people see and understand Tech and STEM, making it more accessible and welcoming for them.
- Help make The Invention Rooms at White City Campus a space local young people and their communities know and care about.
- Improve research impact and demonstrable knowledge exchange.
- A lot of fun!
Does this sound like something you’d like to do and do you want to find out more about the Tech Hangouts? I’d love to chat! Drop me (Cristina Torrente) a message on Teams or email email@example.com