Sign up to volunteer
You can now sign up to all of these opportunities via our online platform.
If you have any questions, please get in touch at email@example.com.
How could you get involved?
The Great Exhibition Road Festival
The Festival will be returning in July 2021 with volunteer recruitment taking place in Spring.
VOLUNTEER SHIFT TIMES
- Option 1: 10.30AM - 5.30PM (Full day)
- Option 2: 10AM - 2.30PM (Half day)
- Option 3: 2PM - 6PM
About the Festival
Our Great Exhibition Road Festival is a partnership with the Science Museum, V&A, Natural History Museum and more making it London’s biggest celebration of science and the arts.
It’s a vibrant, fun festival and it’s our chance to show that what we do here at Imperial isn’t just for the lab, the library or the journals. Science and the arts are for everyone and we want to inspire people and empower communities.
Anyone at Imperial can be a part of the team, no experience needed. From welcoming visitors to social media support, there’s a role for you.
Your role on the day
You will be allocated a role when you arrive at the festival. We will, of course, try to give you a role which you will enjoy. Roles include:
- Welcoming members of the public and answering any questions they may have
- Managing tour registrations and queries
- Managing talks and performance entry and turnaround
- Supporting researchers exhibiting, running a workshop, or speaking about their work
- Helping us understand what people thought about the event
- Gathering content for College social media
- Being part of something big and joining a great team!
- Shifts that are easy to book, change and cancel
- Full training
- Lunch and snacks
- Thank you party
- Festival t-shirt