Sign up to volunteer
You can now sign up to all of these opportunities via our online platform.
If you have any questions, please get in touch at email@example.com.
How could you get involved?
The Great Exhibition Road Festival: 9 - 15 October 2021
VOLUNTEER SHIFT TIMES
- Saturday 9 October: 10AM - 2PM
- Saturday 9 October: 1.30PM - 5PM
- Sunday 10 October: 10AM - 2PM
- Sunday 10 October: 1.30PM - 5PM
LOCATION: Exhibition Road, South Kensington Campus
About the Festival
The Great Exhibition Road Festival is a free annual celebration of science and the arts in person and online. It's a collaboration between institutions, scientists, artists and innovators on and around Exhibition Road, including some of the world’s most iconic museum’s and institutions.
Our exciting programme of talks, workshops and activities this year will focus on how we can use the arts and sciences to help inspire a greener future for the planet we share. We'll be inviting visitors to see what actions – both big and small – we can take in our own lives to care for nature and how we can join together to give a voice to our planet, from community projects to global action.
Anyone at Imperial can be a part of the team, no experience needed. From welcoming visitors to social media support, there’s a role for you.
Your role on the day
You will be allocated a role when you arrive at the festival. We will, of course, try to give you a role which you will enjoy. Roles include:
- Welcoming members of the public and helping with enquiries
- Managing talks and performance entry and turnaround
- Supporting researchers or artists taking part in a workshop or talk
- Helping us understand what people thought about the event
- Collecting pictures and stories for College news or social media
- Join a great team of people making this exciting collaboration happen
- Shifts that are easy to book, change and cancel
- Free festival t-shirt to keep
- Full briefing before the Festival and support of a dedicated volunteer manager on the day
- Free lunch and snacks
- Meet people from across the College who you might never have spoken to otherwise!