Is the Executive MBA right for me?
We consider all applications to the Imperial MBA on their individual merits. We look for a combination of academic ability, work experience and professional status. We are seeking high-calibre professionals with a track-record of success and the ambition and potential to succeed in their future careers.
The entry requirements for the Executive MBA programme are as follows:
Typically 10 years’ relevant postgraduate work experience, however, candidates with over eight years’ relevant experience can be exceptionally considered.
The Executive MBA programme is ideal for candidates in a senior role who have a clear path to accelerate their career, and the support of their employer in achieving these aims. Employer support may involve full or partial funding, provision of study leave and the opportunity for you to apply your Executive MBA learning within your company.
Work experience should include significant management experience, which may include line, project or matrix management.
You’ll need one of the following:
A good undergraduate degree from a recognised university – typically at least a UK Second Class Honours or the international equivalent or an acceptable professional qualification:
Full membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in the UK or Ireland (ICAEW, ICAS or Chartered Accountants Ireland)
Full membership of the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accounting (CIPFA)
Associateship or Fellowship of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
Full membership of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
English language requirement (if applicable)
All programmes at Imperial College Business School are linguistically demanding, and therefore strong English language skills are critical to academic success on your MBA and in your future career. The English language entry requirements listed here are the minimum scores needed for admission, successful students typically demonstrate higher levels of achievement.
A full list of acceptable English language qualifications and our required scores can be found on our detailed English language requirement page, but most applicants meet the requirement in one of the following ways:
- IELTS (academic): A minimum score of 7.0 with minimum scores of 6.5 in all elements. The IELTS indicator test will be accepted for admissions to the 2021/22 academic year.
- TOEFL iBT: A minimum score of 100 overall with minimum scores of 22 in all elements. The ETS at Home test will be accepted for admission to the 2021/22 academic year.
- Duolingo English Test: 125 Overall with no less than 115 in any band score.
- Degree studied in and awarded by an English-speaking country.
- You may submit your online application prior to meeting the English language requirement.
- IELTS, TOEFL and Duolingo scores are only valid if they are less than two years old on the programme start date.
- Imperial College London considers TOEFL scores to be valid for 2 years. Scores must be valid at the beginning of your studies at Imperial if your application is successful. You must meet the entry requirement in one test from your scaled scores (‘My Best Scores’ reported by TOEFL will not be considered). For more information regarding TOEFL please visit the ETS website. Please note if you would like ETS to send your TOEFL scores directly to the College, our TOEFL Institution Code is 0891.
- The College defines English-speaking countries as: Australia, Canada, Guyana, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States of America and West Indies.