Is the Global Online MBA right for me?
We consider all applications to the Imperial MBA on their individual merits. We look for a combination of academic ability, work experience and professional status. We are seeking high-calibre professionals with a track-record of success and the ambition and potential to succeed in their future careers.
The entry requirements for the Global Online MBA are as follows:
Five years’ relevant postgraduate work experience; however, candidates with a minimum of three years’ relevant experience can be exceptionally considered.
You’ll normally need one of the following:
- At least a Lower Second Class Honours degree OR international equivalent
- An acceptable professional qualification:
- Full membership of Any Institute of Chartered Accountants in the UK or Ireland
- Full membership of Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accounting
- Associateship or Fellowship of Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Full membership of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
English language requirement
All programmes at Imperial College Business School are linguistically demanding, and therefore strong English language skills are critical to academic success on your MSc and in your future career. The English language entry requirements listed here are the minimum scores needed for admission, successful students typically demonstrate higher levels of achievement.
Candidates who are required to take an English test to meet the language requirement are strongly encouraged to take this before applying and supply their scores as part of the online application. A strong result in an approved English language test will add weight to your application.
A full list of acceptable English language qualifications and our required scores can be found on our detailed English language requirement page.
The most common ways that applicants meet the requirements are:
- IELTS (academic): A minimum score of 7.0 with minimum scores of 6.5 in all elements. The IELTS indicator test will be accepted for admissions to the 2020/21 academic year.
- TOEFL iBT: A minimum score of 100 overall with minimum scores of 22 in all elements. The ETS at Home test will be accepted for admission to the 2020/21 academic year.
- Duolingo English Test: 125 Overall with no less than 115 in any band score.
- Degree studied in and awarded by an English-speaking country AND English language assessed to be proficient via Kira Talent video interview.
- IELTS, TOEFL and Duolingo scores are only valid if they are less than two years old on the programme start date.
- TOEFL: You must meet the entry requirement in one test from your scaled scores (‘My Best Scores’ reported by TOEFL will not be considered). For more information regarding TOEFL please visit the ETS website. Please note if you would like ETS to send your TOEFL scores directly to the College, our TOEFL Institution Code is 0891.
- The College defines English-speaking countries as: Australia, Canada, Guyana, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States of America and West Indies. Holders of degrees from any other countries would not be considered for an interview.
A Tier 4 visa is not required for this programme. A short-term study visa is required for the on campus periods of the programme if you are an international student from a country outside the EU or EEA.
If you are made an offer for a place on the Global Online MBA our team will provide all the relevant visa information and guide you through the process.