The culmination of your MBA studies
The Capstone module provides you with a practical opportunity to apply and integrate what you’ve learnt during the programme - including knowledge gained from your strategy, finance, innovation, management, entrepreneurship and leadership courses - and enables you to think more strategically when faced with the challenges of bringing new ideas to market.
Alongside a series of lectures on innovation, design, and entrepreneurship, you will ideate and develop an innovation and develop a business case for it so it can be realised within a company.
You will be required to use analytical skills to explore the existing capabilities and worldwide strategy of a company, analyse its industry, and flex your creative skills to develop your own project.
During this on-campus module, for a whole week, you will work in a team with complementary skills and experience.
Highly transferable knowledge and skills
Capstone is an exciting and challenging project where the knowledge and skills you gain are highly transferable to whatever career you pursue.
You will understand:
- The concept of a commercial feasibility study
- Market research and industry analysis
- The difference between a business model and business plan
- The difference between entrepreneurial thinking and doing
- The importance of user-centric design in communicating with customers
- The importance of a strategy to innovate
You will develop:
- Communication skills in a multi-disciplinary team under time pressure
- The practical skills needed to assess commercial potential of new products or research under development
- Collaboration skills to work in interdisciplinary groups
- The strategic thinking required to effectively address the challenges of introducing new products to market
- The skills necessary to build a strong client-consultant relationship and deliver value through the project to the client
By the end of the module, you will be able to:
- Perform in a multi-disciplinary team under time pressure
- Adopt a structured approach to market research and industry analysis
- Think strategically when faced with the challenges of introducing new products to market
- Evaluate the commercial potential of an idea
- Prepare a business case in a multinational environment
- Report, present and defend recommendations to an expert panel