Teaching you to practically apply the theories of finance to the business of wealth and asset management
A combination of the latest research, practical application and a broad range of topics, makes the MSc Investment & Wealth Management a unique and challenging experience. Highly relevant to the current world of finance, this programme builds on the strong corporate connections we have established with the City.
Students who complete the MSc Investment & Wealth Management programme successfully will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of fundamental finance theories and models and their use and context in real financial markets.
- Apply mathematical tools to complex financial problems including the management and matching of financial risks.
- Strong knowledge of the economics, legal and regulatory framework of the money management industry, and understanding of how the different institutions cater for the different financial needs of their respective client base.
- Use a range of programming tools to develop live implementations of financial models and use these implementations in practical simulations.
- Have an understanding of the most widely used investment strategies, and be able to both design a strategy on similar lines as well as to analyse its performance.
- Conduct financial statement analysis and valuation exercises; analyse and evaluate investment corporate decisions.
These online modules will give you basic knowledge of areas which will be covered by the programme throughout the academic year.
This foundation module will introduce you to the modern tools of finance.
Develop your financial base with core modules covering topics such as Derivatives, Investment and Portfolio Management and Macroeconomics.
Customise your degree to meet your personal career ambitions through your electives.
In the spring and summer terms, you will choose between two types of research projects, in order to develop specialist skills and subject knowledge to benefit your future career.