You’ll need a minimum of three years’ continuous relevant full-time work experience after graduation. The programme is highly interactive and you’ll be encouraged to contribute your own experiences and insights in lectures.
You’ll need one of the following:
- A good undergraduate degree from a recognised university or the international equivalent OR
- An acceptable professional qualification:
- Full membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in the UK or Ireland (ICAEW, ICAS or Chartered Accountants Ireland)
- Full membership of the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accounting (CIPFA)
- Associateship or Fellowship of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Full membership of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
We welcome candidates with non-traditional qualifications and backgrounds; if you do not meet the requirements listed above please contact us to discuss your eligibility.
English language requirement
An MBA is an interactive, participatory learning experience, and at Imperial especially so. Therefore, you must meet our English language entry requirements in order to be able to contribute to the class.
If you have a degree taught in English within the following countries, you meet the English requirement automatically: Australia, Canada, Guyana, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States of America, West Indies. This applies only to degrees that were studied entirely and awarded in the relevant country.
If you haven’t got a degree from one of the countries listed above, you will need to show evidence of your English language ability. Most applicants meet the requirement in one of the following ways:
- IELTS (academic): A minimum score of 7.0 with minimum scores of 6.5 in all elements
- TOEFL iBT: A minimum score of 100 overall with minimum scores of 22 in all elements
- IELTS scores are only valid if they are less than two years old on the programme start date.
- Imperial College London considers TOEFL scores to be valid for 2 years. Scores must be valid at the beginning of your studies at Imperial if your application is successful. You must meet the entry requirement in one test from your scaled scores (‘My Best Scores’ reported by TOEFL will not be considered). For more information regarding TOEFL please visit the ETS website. Please note if you would like ETS to send your TOEFL scores directly to the College, our TOEFL Institution Code is 0891.
- You may submit your online application prior to meeting the English language requirement.
A full list of acceptable English language qualifications and our required scores can be found on our detailed English language requirement page.