IT support for teaching spaces
Technical support when using Imperial teaching spaces
At the start of a new academic year, the ICT Service Desk will provide early morning technical checks in teaching spaces accommodating rooms that have a capacity of over 40 people to ensure all AV equipment is functioning as expected.
If you encounter any AV or technical issues while teaching, you can contact the IT Rapid Response Team between 08.30 - 18.00 on 020 759 49003 from a mobile or on 49003 from the lecture room telephone. There is signage in each lecture room, see example below.
Report non-urgent AV issues using our dedicated form on ASK.
Start of term room readiness for teaching spaces
As the new term approaches, ICT with the support of colleagues across the University has been working behind the scenes to prepare teaching rooms and AV equipment to enable a seamless teaching and learning experience. This work includes:
- Technology checks and new signage in teaching spaces on how to access IT support and report an AV issue.
- Replacing 70 old lamp projectors with modern projectors in teaching spaces across the University to improve performance and reliability.
- Using enhanced monitoring software to pick up when there are issues with technology in teaching spaces.
- Updating lecture capture, Virtual Learning Environments (VLE) and other educational platforms.
- Booking ICT student inductions with all departments.