Möbius Assessment (Mathematics tool)
Möbius Assessment (formerly named Maple TA) is a mathematical assessment tool. It can be accessed through a Blackboard Learn course.
Available features include:
- The ability to accept responses in mathematical notation
- The ability to accept equivalent responses in different mathematical forms
- The ability to randomise questions algorithmically
- Visualisation tools for 2D and 3D plots
- A simple equation editor
- Open-ended questions with many answers
- Powerful algorithmically generated questions
- Adaptive questions to guide students following an incorrect response.
Möbius Assessment is accessed through Blackboard. Staff and students that are enrolled on a Blackboard course with a Möbius Assessment assignment present will be granted access automatically.
Due to the limitations of the mobile display view, we recommend using a laptop or desktop to take Mobius Assessments rather than a mobile device. Please note that if you do use Mobius Assessments on a mobile device, you will need to ensure third party cookies are enabled in your browser.
Your Course Leader will advise you on how and when to access Möbius Assessment.
If you have accessibility needs that cannot be accommodated by this technology, please discuss this with your Course Leader or Departmental Contact.
Adding Möbius Assessment assignment to a Blackboard course
To use Möbius Assessment with a Blackboard course, follow these steps:
- Go to Blackboard, enter your College username and password and select Login
- Select the course that you would like to add Möbius Assessment to from the My Courses list
- Navigate to the appropriate Content Area of the course and ensure that Edit Mode is switched On
- Select Tools and then select Möbius Assessment
- Enter the Name and Description of the assignment. Make any additional changes and select Submit and Launch
- Möbius Assessment will now be launched within Blackboard. From here you have the options to create Classes and Assignments or links to the Gradebook or Systems Home Page.
Help and Support
A Mobius special interest group is available on Yammer which can be joined by any Imperial staff member. This group is a focal point for discussion and advice related to the Mobius software and is run by the Imperial Mobius community, not ICT.
More help with Möbius Assessment
Help guides from Möbius Support
Help with Lessons & Assignments
- Begin an activity
- Navigate a lesson
- Submit an activity
- Review activity properties
- Learn about the different activity types
Help with Math entry