Mentimeter (Real-time polling)
Mentimeter is a survey and polling presentation tool that can be used to gauge the opinions or knowledge of your audience. It provides a selection of question types and enables you to view live feedback through your web-browser. Participation from the audience is browser based and can take place on desktop, laptop or mobile devices.
Mentimeter is available to all Imperial College staff and students via the login link below.
To access Mentimeter, follow the steps listed below:
- Go to www.mentimeter.com/join/imperial-college
- Enter your College username and password and select Log In
- If you are prompted to enter you Your Company name, type 'Imperial College' into the text box and continue to login as above
- If you are prompted to enter your email address and password when attempting to login, select Log in with SSO instead and follow the steps above.
Taking part in a poll or survey
If you are asked to complete a Mentimeter poll or survey, you will be supplied with a six-digit code and then asked to enter it at https://www.menti.com/
You can access Mentimeter using a web browser on any device, or through the Imperial Mobile app, by tapping on "Study Tools", then Mentimeter and entering the six-digit code for the relevant poll.
If you have accessibility needs that cannot be accommodated when using Mentimeter, inform your tutor or departmental office.
Using Mentimeter as part of your studies at Imperial
- Your Course Leader will advise you on how and when to access Mentimeter.
- If you have accessibility needs that cannot be accommodated by this technology, please discuss this with your Course Leader or Departmental Contact.
Using Mentimeter to present
First time using Mentimeter? See Mentimeter's help guide on how to create your first presentation.
If you have technical difficulties using Mentimeter please contact the ICT Service Desk.
- Help getting started using mentimeter for the first time
- Using your smartphone to remote control your Mentimeter presentation.
- For further help and support in using Mentimeter, please visit the Mentimeter Help Centre.
- You can register for live interactive webinars on how to use Mentimeter on their website.
Alternatively, if you have any questions or need assistance using Mentimeter, contact the ICT Service Desk.