How and when can I apply for Imperial Global Summer School 2020?
Global Summer School dates:
- Monday 29 June - Saturday 11 July 2020
- Monday 03 August - Saturday 15 August 2020
Applications for the 2020 Global Summer School will open on Wednesday 8 January 2020.
Register your interest for 2020. Two identical programmes will run in July and August, dates will be confirmed and communicated in early 2020.
Step one: Complete the online application form
Create an account and application information
Follow the 'Apply Now' link to access the online application portal; Aspire. When accessing Aspire for the first time, you will need to provide some personal details in order to create an account. You will then be sent an email to verify your account. Once your account is verified, you will be directed to the homepage where you can start an application by selecting ‘New Application’.
Saving your application
You can save your application at any time to complete at a later date. You will receive an automated reminder every three days until you complete or withdraw your application. Once submitted, you can check the status of your application at any time by logging in to the application portal. This will also show you whether your parent/guardian and teacher have submitted their required forms.
You will need to provide:
- Your most recent grades
- Details of your English language ability
- Your parent/guardian’s email address and teacher’s email address
After submitting your application
Once you have submitted your application, we will contact your teacher and parent/guardian who will need to check your application and submit a reference. Your application will then be assessed by the Global Summer School team who will contact you to tell you the outcome.
We require the following qualification details:
- Details of ALL formal qualifications you have achieved at GCSE level or international equivalent.
- If you have not yet sat your formal exams, please provide your predicted grades. We will contact your teacher to verify these.
- If you have not yet received a formal set of predicted grades, please provide your most recent set of end of term/semester grades.
- Details of ALL subjects/qualifications you are currently studying at A-Level or international equivalent. Please provide predicted grades if they are available; if predicted grades are not available, please type NPG (no predicted grade).
View further guidance on international qualifications and the UK equivalents.
Please note – Please enter subjects/qualifications one at a time. If your qualification type or subject is not listed, please select ‘Other’ and you will have the option to enter this manually.
English language qualification
When asked to give details of your English language qualification please read the three options below and follow the steps for the option that applies to you:
- If English is your native language you do not need to enter an English language qualification. Please select ‘No’ and state ‘English is my native language’ in your personal statement. Your teacher will need to confirm this in their reference for you.
- If your lessons are taught in English at school, you do not need to enter an English language qualification. Please select ‘No’ and state ‘My lessons are taught in English’ in your personal statement. Your teacher will need to confirm this in their reference for you.
- If neither of the above applies, you do need to enter an English language qualification. Please select ‘Yes’ and give the details of this qualification. Your teacher will need to confirm this in their reference for you.
Your personal statement should demonstrate:
- your motivation for applying to Global Summer School
- why you are a suitable candidate for a place on the programme
You will already have listed your grades elsewhere on the application form, so the personal statement is your opportunity to discuss other relevant achievements and the skills you’ve gained from educational and/or extra-curricular experiences.
The word limit for the personal statement is 150 words. Any additional words included will not be assessed as part of the application.
Please also state whether English is your native language and whether all/the majority of your lessons are taught in English. If neither applies, you will need to give details of your English language qualification in the section provided (see above).
Step two: Selection and references
Parents or guardians are required to:
- indicate support of the student's application;
- provide details of any additional circumstantial information or special requirements that the student may have (e.g. accessibility or severe dietary requirements).
Please note: We will use the information provided for clarification purposes only and it will not form part of the assessment process. In most cases, we are expecting no more than 30 words for a parent/guardian reference.
As part of the application process, teachers are required to:
- verify the application information provided by the student and to amend if needed;
- provide information about the student's current and predicted grades
- provide details about the student's English language ability. Please indicate whether English is the student's native language, whether all/the majority of lessons at school are taught in English, or details of any English language qualification held by the student.
Teachers may also like to include information about how they feel the student would benefit from the Summer School, how the student stands out at school, and details of any other relevant achievements, extra-curricular activities or interests.
Please note: In order to access the reference form, teachers are required to provide the student's date of birth.
Step three: Submit your supporting documents
If your application is successful, you will receive a conditional offer. To proceed, you will be required to upload your supporting documents to the application portal within five days. You will receive instructions on how to do this.
Step four: Unconditional offer
Once you have uploaded your documents and these have been checked by the Global Summer School team, you will receive a formal unconditional offer.
Step five: Payment and confirmation
To confirm your place, you are required to make full payment of the course fee within 14 days.
Please ensure all information is completed and correct before you submit your application. We will be unable to complete the reference process if there are any errors in the email addresses you have provided for your referees.
Register your interest and don't miss out!
Register to join our mailing list for occasional email updates about our Global Summer School and when applications go live.