- Students must be 16-or 17-years-old
- demonstrate excellent academic ability
- and possess strong English language skills.
What are we looking for from applicants?
We're on the lookout for students aged 16 and 17 who have:
- an enthusiasm for science, technology, engineering and mathematics as demonstrated by your personal statement;
- excellent academic ability;
- strong English language skills;
- a clear motivation for attending the programme.
To enrol on the 2023 programme you must:
- be 16 years old before the start of your programme
- not turn 18 years old before or during the programme
You will need to demonstrate excellent academic ability and we require;
- Majority of 9-7 grades (A*-A) at GCSE level or the international equivalent, with a minimum of grade 7 (A) in maths and science subjects.
If you receive a conditional offer, you will need to send us an up-to-date transcript of your most recent school or college grades to demonstrate that you have met the required academic standard. Where this is not available, further information from your teacher, tutor, school counsellor or equivalent would be required.
See our guide for the most common international qualifications and the UK equivalents.
English language requirements
Strong English language skills are required. We will ask you to provide proof of an English language qualification (e.g. IELTS) if your first language is not English or English is not the language in which you are taught at school.
The requirements for the Global Summer School are in line with the English language requirements for undergraduate programmes at Imperial. Students only need to meet the relevant standard level of English language.
If you are unsure that you have the needed English language requirement, please contact us for clarification.