Coming to Imperial College Business School is not just about the educational experience but about making new friends, having fun and being part of a vibrant community – and we remain committed to delivering an outstanding and memorable student experience beyond the classroom.
Whether you are in the lecture theatre or participating remotely, every student is able to benefit from:
- close engagement with our faculty
- access to our exceptional careers offering
- networking with Imperial’s global community of students, alumni and thought leaders
- a full suite of student experience activities
We continue to work in partnership with our students to offer a range of events and initiatives to expand your network, develop your leadership and broaden your horizons. Below are just a few recent examples.
- 2020 student-led conference Code to Care, and Everything in Between – over 500 students from 28 international universities attended this week-long virtual event, which featured plenaries, panels, a hackathon and more.
- 2021 student-led conference The Future of Retail & Hackathon – the annual student conference with topics such as sustainable supply chain technology, augmented reality and digitalisation of in-store experiences.
- Turn the Tables: Mastering the Art of Global Business Dining – masterclasses on networking, etiquette, fashion and cooking, with attendees joining through multi-mode technology.
- The Business of Being Human – an exciting new speaker series, featuring personal stories from inspiring individuals. Recent speakers included Paralympian Kadeena Cox and leading entrepreneur Jo Fairley.
- Virtual Global Experience Week – our MBA students delivered a remote consulting project with start-ups in Zambia, developing skills around agile working, effective communication and virtual collaboration.
- Virtual exchange electives – with our global partners, including ESADE Business School.
- Imperial Global – designed to connect students in different parts of the world for networking and activities.
- #CoffeeConnect – a monthly networking scheme for students based in London.
- London Calling tours – exclusive guided tours, in person and online, for small groups of students wanting to explore London, its culture and history.
- Student Investment Fund – run by an executive committee of current students, the fund provides students the opportunity to enhance their finance careers.
- Business School Career Clubs – our student-led Business School Clubs bring together MBA and MSc students with similar areas of career interest and/or professional backgrounds.
- British Summer Time Week – a range of events to celebrate summer including a guided tour of the Royal Parks, a virtual Afternoon Tea Etiquette Masterclass, a virtual Scone Baking Workshop and picnic hampers containing everything students need for a relaxing time out in the sun.