The Future of Finance
19 April 2018
08:30 - 18:00
South Kensington Campus
The Future of Finance was Imperial College Business School’s third annual conference. Specifically designed for senior executives, this exclusive invite-only event explored future global challenges and opportunities in the finance sector, and their likely effect on policy and practice.
Drawing upon Imperial College London’s reputation as a global top 10 university, this highly anticipated event brought together business leaders, policy makers and leading academics. For the select group of attendees, the conference offered a unique opportunity to gain and share the latest insights and thinking, and network with their peers from across the sector.
Our high-profile guest speakers included:
- Muhammad Yunus, Nobel laureate
- António Horta Osório, CEO, Lloyds Banking Group
- Alex Brazier, Executive Director, Financial Stability Strategy and Risk, Bank of England
- Daniel Masters, Director, Global Advisors Bitcoin Investment Fund
- Luke Ellis, CEO, Man Group
- Sir Andrew Dilnot, Chair, UK Statistics Authority
- Nigel Wilson, CEO, Legal & General Group
Through an engaging programme of panel discussions and keynote speeches, we tackled some of the major themes affecting and influencing the financial services industry. Topics included:
- Finance, inequality and development
- Macro finance (recent experience and the future in financial regulations)
- Fintech and cybersecurity
- Household finance
- The market efficiency debate (indexing, asset bubbles, quants, and the future of the asset management industry)
The conference gave delegates knowledge and inspiration, and aimed to show how they can make immediate improvements within their organisations.
The Future of Finance was an invite-only event, designed for executives at director-level and above.