The Future of Finance
19 April 2018
08.30 - 17.00
South Kensington Campus
The Future of Finance is Imperial College Business School’s third annual conference. Taking place on 19 April 2018 and specifically designed for senior executives, this exclusive invite-only event will explore future global challenges and opportunities in the finance sector, and their likely effect on policy and practice.
Drawing upon Imperial College London’s reputation as a global top 10 university, this highly anticipated event will bring together business leaders, policy makers and leading academics. For the select group of attendees, the conference offers a unique opportunity to gain and share the latest insights and thinking, and network with their peers from across the sector.
Our high-profile guest speakers include:
- Muhammad Yunus, Nobel laureate
- António Horta Osório, CEO, Lloyds Banking Group
- Alex Brazier, Executive Director, Financial Stability Strategy and Risk, Bank of England
- Daniel Masters, Director, Global Advisors Bitcoin Investment Fund
- Luke Ellis, CEO, Man Group
- Sir Andrew Dilnot, Chair, UK Statistics Authority
- Nigel Wilson, CEO, Legal & General Group
Through an engaging programme of panel discussions and keynote speeches, we will tackle some of the major themes affecting and influencing the financial services industry now and in the future. Topics will include:
- Finance, inequality and development
- Macro finance (recent experience and the future in financial regulations)
- Fintech and cybersecurity
- Household finance
- The market efficiency debate (indexing, asset bubbles, quants, and the future of the asset management industry)
The conference will give delegates knowledge and inspiration, and aims to show how they can make immediate improvements within their organisations. Business leaders from investments and asset pricing, corporate finance, risk management and financial analysis will find it particularly relevant, but the insights on offer apply across sectors in these financial times.
The Future of Finance is an invite-only event, designed for executives at director-level and above.