Sustainability is changing the very nature of business. A radical rethinking by consumers and investors is pushing corporations to be catalysts in solving the world's biggest challenges.
Imperial College Business School Executive Education's Sustainability Leadership programme will provide you with the methods and the mindset to help you create a sustainability plan with real impact for your business. In this programme, you will learn how to run a sustainable business and promote a corporate culture that prioritises social responsibility.
This award-winning 13-week online programme draws on expertise from Imperial College Business School faculty, industry experts, and case studies. Your learning is centred around two themes:
- Data: with insights from thought leaders at Imperial's Leonardo Centre on Business for Society, you will learn about the GOLDEN database, a digital dataset of sustainability initiatives
- Reflection: learn to cultivate a sustainability mindset through an optional meditation track, which research proves is essential for lasting change
You will experience live online teaching sessions, video lectures, interactive activities and assignments whilst receiving personal support from a dedicated Learning Team.
You will finish the programme prepared to implement your learnings, and with a verified Digital Certificate from Imperial College Business School Executive Education.
The Sustainability Leadership Programme has been awarded the 2022 Financial Times Responsible Business Education Award for driving societal change, promoting sustainable development, and demonstrating novel ways to teach digitally in a more inclusive way.
Who should attend?
This international programme is designed for individuals who are interested in building a comprehensive understanding of sustainability as a business practice. It is particularly relevant for roles including:
- Senior executives responsible for overall business growth and strategic initiatives who are seeking to make strategic changes to their organisation to make it more sustainable
- CSR and sustainability specialists, who are seeking to minimise their organisation's negative environmental and social impact through sustainability practices
- Mid- to senior-level functional managers in traditional industries such as energy, industrial goods, logistics, and manufacturing, who are seeking to contribute to their organisation's sustainability efforts within their function and to gain an understanding of how sustainability will affect their current role and business practices
- Consultants seeking to offer their clients solutions to help them achieve their sustainability goals, to keep up with industry trends in sustainability and to gain a respected credential to demonstrate specialisation in sustainability consulting
- Cultivate the mindset to create lasting change
- Identify processes that sustain business model innovation
- Create a triple bottom line business canvas for your organisation
- Articulate how sustainability fits into a competitive business strategy
- Determine your personal purpose as a leader
- Develop a change plan towards a flourishing organisational culture
- Integrate stakeholder needs into alternative corporate governance structures
- Use the 6P model to evaluate your organisation's sustainable development
What you will learn
Module 1: The environmental impacts of business
Module 2: The social impacts of business
Module 3: Assessments and operations
Module 4: Sustainable business model innovation
Module 5: Sustainable business strategies
Module 6: The role of finance and integrated reporting
Module 7: Purpose-driven leadership and incentive systems for sustainability
Module 8: Organisational culture change and the purpose of the organisation
Module 9: Stakeholder integration in governance
Module 10: The purpose-driven flourishing enterprise
Module 11: Leading ecosystem change
Module 12: Capstone project
Cofounder and Executive Vice President of the GOLDEN for Impact Foundation, Amsterdam
Director of the IKIGAI Corp
With more than 25 years of experience as a consultant, trainer, lecturer, and researcher in the fields of CSR and sustainability, cultural change, cross-cultural management, team building and leadership development, Frank Brueck cofounded the GOLDEN for Impact Foundation and is a founding member of the International Association for Cross-cultural Competence and Management. His research focuses on the methodologies of CSR, cultural comparison, value-based management, sustainability and intercultural management and training.
Frank holds a PhD in Business Administration from Vienne University of Economics and Business in Austria.
Head of the Department of Management and Entrepreneurship
Scientific Director of the Leonardo Centre on Business for Society
Maurizio Zollo is founder and chairman of the GOLDEN for Impact Foundation and directs research on the neuroscience of innovation and sustainability decisions. His research focuses on the active engagement of corporations in the design and executive of field experiments related to innovation or sustainability challenges.
The author of more than 50 publications with citations in 18,000 scientific articles, Professor Zollo was a strategy consultant and an investment banker before entering academia. He holds a PhD in management from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and a laurea degree in monetary economics from Bocconi University in Milan.
With 25 years of international experience in sustainability, entrepreneurship, innovation, social impact, venture and corporate venture capital, strategy, marketing, and investment banking, Livio Scalvini is Executive Director of the Leonardo Centre on Business for Society. He is also cofounder of the GOLDEN for Impact Foundation and CEO of the GOLDEN for Impact Benefit Corp. He holds a degree in economics and business administration, and a Master's degree in macroeconomics and international finance from Universita degli Studi di Torino.
Livio has held managerial positions and helped accelerate 1200 startups, advised large corporations on open innovation and stakeholder integration, and built tech-matchmaking platforms for more than ten thousand SMEs.
Become an Associate Alumni
Take your partnership with Imperial College Business School to the next level by becoming an Associate Alumni. Complete one (1) of our on-campus, online, and virtual programmes to claim 'Associate Alumni' status and join our active alumni community.