Licences and policies
Spiral licences and policies
This is the licence you agree to when you deposit in Spiral
- By clicking through this licence, I (the author or copyright owner) grant to Imperial College the non-exclusive right to reproduce, translate to any medium or format (for the purpose of preservation or migration), and/or distribute my submission (including the abstract) worldwide in electronic format. I am free to publish my submission in its present version or future versions elsewhere.
- I understand that once my submission is uploaded to the repository, a citation to it will always remain visible, although the author(s) retain the right to update it.
- I understand that I may remove my submission from the Imperial College Digital Repository, and that this process may take up to 3 working days.
- I understand that Imperial College Digital Repository may remove my submission without notice for professional, legal or administrative reasons.
I AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
- That I have the authority to make this agreement as either author, copyright owner, assignee, or that I am authorised by the copyright owner, and hereby give the Imperial College Digital Repository administrators the right to make my submission available in the way described above.
- That the submission does not infringe the copyright of any third party.
- Imperial College Digital Repository Administrators are under no obligation to take legal action on my behalf, or on behalf of any other rights holder(s) if the submission breaches intellectual property rights, or is otherwise subject to legal dispute.
- If the submission is based upon work that has been sponsored or supported by an agency or organisation other than Imperial College, I represent that I have fulfilled any right of review or other obligations required by contract and that the use of my submission as set out in this agreement does not infringe the intellectual property rights of the sponsor or agency.
- Imperial College Digital Repository will clearly identify me as the submitter in my capacity as either author or copyright owner.
- Imperial College Digital Repository will not make any alteration, other than as allowed by this licence, to my submission.
- Imperial College Digital Repository may keep more than one copy of this submission for purposes of security, back-up, and preservation.
By downloading material from Spiral, you agree to the following terms and conditions
To reuse content, please link to this licence
By agreeing to this licence the author(s) or copyright owner grants to end-users of the work the following Creative Commons use licence:
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0)
You are free:
- to share - to copy, distribute and transmit the work
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution - you must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work)
- Non-commercial - you may not use this work for commercial purposes
- No derivative works you may not alter, transform, or build upon this work
With the understanding that:
- Waiver - any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder
- Public domain - where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the licence
- Other rights - in no way are any of the following rights affected by the licence:
- your fair dealing or fair use rights, or other applicable copyright exceptions and limitations
- the author's moral rights
- rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights.
Rapid take down policy
To request removal of a publication from Spiral
If you are the owner of the copyright in any of the material on Spiral and do not consent to the use of your work in accordance with its terms and conditions, send the following information to email@example.com
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Reason for requesting withdrawal
- Proof of ownership
- Title of the publication
- Spiral item URL (e.g. https://spiral.imperial.ac.uk/handle/10044/XXXX)
- Reason for objection (including evidence of content)
On receipt of a withdrawal request
- The Library will acknowledge the request within 5 working days of receipt.
- The Library will withdraw the material immediately and subsequently review the request. An initial assessment of the request will be made within 10 working days of receipt.
- If the request is considered legitimate the material will be withdrawn permanently from public view, although its bibliographic details will be retained in Spiral. The requester will receive an email giving details of the action taken.
- In the event when the request is not considered legitimate, the Library will reinstate the material in Spiral.
- The outcome of the review will be communicated to both the requester and the Imperial College London author(s) of the publication.