Terms and conditions
We hope you find all the information you need here, but if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Don't forget to read the award criteria and eligibility information carefully before beginning your nomination.
1.0 About the awards
1.1 Alumni eligibility
- The nominee must have completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at Imperial College London or one of the associated colleges or medical schools.
- Alumni who have previously won an award in any category will not be eligible to win the same award again.
- The Alumni Relations Office reserves the right to make a final decision on any individual’s eligibility for the awards.
The following alumni are ineligible for nomination:
- Active politicians.
- Honorary graduates of the University or those who have previously received a College Medal or Fellowship of Imperial College.
- Deceased alumni (no posthumous awards will be made).
1.2 Judging process
- Eligible nominations for both awards will be shortlisted by the Alumni Relations Office. The shortlisted nominees will then be considered against the published criteria by a panel of judges.
- The judges will select the winner(s) for each category and their decision will be final.
- No communication will be entered into with any person in relation to any decision by the judges.
- If there are no nominees considered of sufficient merit in any or all of the categories in any year, the judges may choose not to make an award in any or all of the categories.
- If there is more than one exceptional nomination in any or all categories, the judges can choose to give more than one award.
- The judging process and the results are confidential and will not be shared.
- Judges are required to declare any conflict of interest and will not be allowed to judge entries in which they have any interest.
2.0 Nominations and winners
2.1 Submission details
- All nominations must be made in English.
- The nominator must complete and submit the online nomination form by 30 September.
- The nomination form must be completed in full to be considered. Please ensure sufficient information is provided to enable fair consideration to be given.
- Incomplete nominations or those that do not fulfil the criteria will not be considered.
- Changes to nominations will not be accepted after the deadline has passed.
- Awards will not be made based on the number of times a person is nominated.
2.2 Eligibility to nominate
- Anyone is eligible to nominate alumni for both categories. This includes Imperial College London alumni, staff, students, Court and Council members.
- Alumni are invited to self-nominate for both award categories, providing they submit a supporting letter from an independent referee/seconder. Support letters cannot be written by relatives of the nominee and must be received within the deadline date for nominations. Self-nominations without a supporting letter will not be accepted.
2.3 Withdrawal from the Alumni Awards
- Nominations can be withdrawn any time before 30 September. Notice of withdrawal must be given in writing to the Alumni Volunteer Office via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the event of a successful nominee declining to accept the award the judging panel may choose, but is not obliged, to offer the award to an alternative nominee.
2.4 Announcement of the winners
- Only the winners will be named and contacted.
- Award winners will be informed via email and subsequently by post.
- Award winners will be invited to a celebratory event in early 2020 to be presented with their awards.
- Nominators will be informed if their nominee has won an award once the winners have been confirmed.
- Alumni will not be informed that they were nominated for an award unless they have won.
2.5 Expenses for award winners
The Alumni Relations Office will contribute towards accommodation costs for award winners travelling from outside London.
- One night in a local 3* hotel for award winners traveling from outside of London, but within Europe.
- Up to two nights in a local 3* hotel for award winners travelling from outside Europe.
3.0 Award criteria
Nominators must ensure that nominees meet eligibility criteria for the award in which they are being nominated.