Coffee & Coach
About the Coffee & Coach programme
After a successful pilot in London in 2020, Coffee & Coach is now open to alumni worldwide. The online programme offers free coaching-style sessions to early-career alumni who are seeking career related support. We are offering this as part of the recent graduates’ programme and aim to support those who may not otherwise have access to career coaching opportunities.
What does the programme involve?
Recent graduates (coachees) will be paired with a more experienced alumnus (coach) over a period of five months from July to November 2021.
The coach and coachee are expected to schedule five one-hour sessions during this period and focus on one of the following coaching themes:
- Career transitions
- Confidence, influence and impact in the workplace
- Leadership and management
What to expect from Coffee & Coach
Coaching uses a combination of observation, questioning, listening and feedback to create a conversation that is rich in insight and learning and will allow you to develop greater self-awareness and feel empowered to take action.
- Will bring impartiality to the conversation.
- May, or may not, have technical expertise in your field.
- Will aim to help address specific career-related challenges.
- Will aim to support you in generating your own solutions and taking responsibility for actions, rather than giving advice.
- Will aim to bring a range of approaches, tools and interventions to the conversation.
- Be motivated and committed to the coaching process.
- Have an idea of the career-related challenge they want to focus on.
- Contribute to conversations openly and honestly.
- Be open-minded.
- Challenge themselves, set goals and take action.