Join in: Alumni Weekend Global Celebrations 2023
Celebrate the strength and diversity of our global Imperial community by holding an event for fellow Imperial graduates in your area this June.
Running alongside the Great Exhibition Road Festival and Alumni Weekend, taking place on 17 and 18 June, Global Celebrations are a great opportunity to connect with your local alumni network, make new friends and celebrate your Imperial connection.
We invite alumni groups to complete this form to let us know about the event you’d like to run so we can support you in spreading the word (and also send you a few gifts for you and your guests).
What you'll need to think about
Type of event
What kind of event would you like to run? Some of the events alumni have held over the past few years have included networking drinks, fancy dinners and lunches, walks, online panel discussions, cultural and sport events, or family friendly gatherings, but it’s really up to you.
We invite you to think outside the box and plan an event with an Imperial twist. Could you incorporate a science or business element? Do you know any alumni who could host an event in their home or workplace?
Date of your event
When do you want to hold your event? The Great Exhibition Road Festival and Alumni Weekend take place in London on 17 and 18 June 2023. Global Celebration events should be as close as possible to these dates, and take place in between 5 and 25 June.
Key deadlines to keep in mind
- Please email Kristin Gembiak - Alumni Engagement Officer (Groups and International) by Sunday 23 April to confirm you will be taking part in Global Celebrations 2023.
- To make sure we have enough time to share your event with the alumni community, you will need to complete our form to confirm details such as date, time and venue by Sunday 7 May.
How we can help
We’re here to answer any questions you have and to help make your event a success. We will:
- produce bespoke branded graphics for you to promote your event on social media;
- set up a registration page to help you manage attendance, and publish your event on our website;
- share your event in our events newsletter to all alumni on Friday 19 May;
- send a targeted email invitation to alumni in your region with details of your event;
- post you a special Global Celebrations pack including decorations and gifts; and
- share your photos and celebrations with the wider alumni community.
Global Celebrations over the years
Alumni in Dubai | Global Celebrations 2018
Alumni in Shanghai | Global Celebrations 2018
Alumni in Oman | Global Celebrations 2017
Alumni in Seattle | Global Celebrations 2018
Alumni in Thailand | Global Celebrations 2019
Alumni in Taiwan | Global Celebrations 2019
Alumni in Melbourne | Global Celebrations 2019
Alumni in Japan | Global Celebrations 2019
Alumni in Boston | Global Celebrations 2019
Alumni in Hong Kong | Global Celebrations 2018
Alumni in Washington | Global Celebrations 2019
Alumni in Taipei | Global Celebrations 2018
Alumni in San Diego | Global Celebrations 2017