Note: Remember to use your Imperial College email address when signing up to access the ICT account.
Zoom is a video and web conferencing platform that is fully supported by ICT. Zoom is used in a number of faculties to support a wide range of collaborative activities. Please note that for teaching and learning purposes, the preferred ICT solution is Microsoft Teams. If you would like to use Zoom for teaching and learning purposes, please contact your local Ed-Tech team for information on its use in your faculty.
The following settings have been enabled as part of the ICT Zoom licence:
- Single sign on (SSO) when accessing Zoom
- Staff will be given ‘licenced accounts’ and students ‘basic accounts’
- Staff Zoom recordings will automatically be stored in Panopto
- A number of security and admin settings will be managed by ICT
- Personal meeting ID (PMI) meetings will not be available for improved meeting security
Zoom or Microsoft Teams?
To provide a consistent experience for students and staff, ICT recommends that you use Microsoft Teams to deliver teaching and learning. Microsoft Teams is the officially supported solution for delivering synchronous teaching sessions.
The features of Teams and Zoom are very similar and both work on PC, Mac, iPhone and Android; but Microsoft Teams integrates smoothly with all MS Office 365 tools, Banner, Blackboard, and Celcat. Teams is the recommended solution for all learning and teaching use. Find out more about when to use Zoom or Teams.
Using Zoom p3
Help and support for Zoom
For further assistance with Zoom, use the links below:
- Zoom support · Online support documentation
- Zoom video tutorials
- Zoom Accesibility information
- Live daily training webinars
- Zoom blog (and tips)
- Securing your Zoom meeting (pdf)
- Zoom Technical Support is also available 24/7 via online form, chat or phone
- Imperial College's Zoom guidance
- ICT Security guidance
- Digital Education recording policy
- If your issues are not covered above, you can raise a ticket in ASK