Online research funding and news service
What is ResearchConnect?
Since 2018 the College has a subscription to ResearchConnect , an online provider for research funding information offering a searchable database of funding opportunities with the option to subscribe to alerts.
ResearchConnect - the UK's first grants and policy information platform tailored specifically for further and higher education institutions, features over 20,000 continuously updated opportunities which are split into 2 datasets:
- Research Funding - from all funders types (UK and international) that are available to both institutions and individuals.
- Enterprise Funding (before called GRANTfinder) - Infrastructure and development funding, from all funding types (UK and European) that are available to institutions
As a professional funding service powered by Europe’s leading provider of funding and policy information, ResearchConnect provides you with the following key benefits:
- A one-stop-shop of funding information – removing the legwork when searching for funding opportunities.
- A holistic view of the funding landscape – thousands of funding opportunities reported to support both R&D and wider business development.
- Updated in real time – most opportunities will be online within 24 hours of release
- All information is presented in Plain English – ensuring that jargon and text heavy guidelines are easily accessible to users.
- Encouraging knowledge transfer – allows you to disseminate information through bespoke reports and intuitive reporting features.
- Email alerts – automatic updates on saved searches, alerting you and colleagues to new or updated funds relevant to your research.
- News alerts – approaching deadlines and new funding calls delivered directly to your inbox.
- A regular funding bulletin, categorised by discipline, keeping you updated with research areas of interest to you
The Knowledge Exchange is a searchable repository of 200,000 policy papers from all levels of Government, EU Commission, Think Tanks and Research bodies.
Many universities and public sector users find the search, alerts, and access to copyrighted journal articles invaluable. Please see what ‘The Knowledge Exchange’ has to offer.
Who should sign up?
All staff involved in research and research administration are encouraged to sign up. Students are also welcome to use this service.
How do I get access?
For Imperial users to access ResearchConnect, please click on the link and go to ‘Log in via my institution’. You will only need to type ‘Imperial College London’ and use your credentials to log in.
To access The Knowledge Exchange (TKE) service for the first time please register here
How do I use the system?
Using the system is quite simple to use and the platform contains short ‘How To’ videos and a ‘Page Features’ tour on most pages to explain what different buttons do.
If you have queries please contact the Strategy Research Coordinator Dr Ester Buchaca-Domingo.