One-click article access with LibKey Nomad
LibKey Nomad is a browser extension that delivers one-click access to the full-text articles of library-subscribed journals, as well as open access journals or any open access versions of articles.
- access articles directly from search results or non-paywalled databases like PubMed, without needing to go through Library Search or sign into journal websites to gain access
- especially useful when you are working remotely or not connected to the College network
Installing LibKey Nomad
- Go to the LibKey Nomad download page
- Choose your browser (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, Brave and Vivaldi)
- Once installed, open LibKey from your browser and select Imperial College London to link it to our collections and subscriptions
Using LibKey Nomad
The LibKey Nomad button will now appear at the side of your browser when you find a journal article. If the article is accessible by our library subscription or open access, you can instantly download the PDF or click through to the article.
If the article you searched for is not available the Access Options button will appear and direct you to further options for obtaining a copy.
Clicking on the Access Options button will take you to Library Search where you can request the article through our Document Delivery Service. The Document Delivery (Resource Sharing request) link will show when you are logged in to Library Search.
Click on the link to launch a form for you to fill in with your request details. Once we receive the form Library Services will process your request.