How the Library can support you
Library staff are here to make sure everyone can use and get the most out of our services and facilities. You can contact:
- Your librarian - every department has a named librarian who will be happy to introduce library services, advise on specific resources and discuss your needs
- Our libraries - for help with borrowing and requesting books, registration and general enquiries
We work closely with the College Disability Advisory Service (DAS) to support you.
The DAS team will alert Library Services if you need:
- longer book loans - we can arrange for your library loans to be automatically extended from 1 to 3 weeks
- book fetching - we can set up a book fetching service for you if you have difficulties accessing material on the shelves
- accessible textbooks - if library resources do not meet your needs it may be possible for us to provide material in an alternative format. Please contact your librarian for more information
- specific study space requirements - if you need a particular type of study space, we will do our best to accommodate your needs
- access to assistive technology PCs - we have a dedicated room in the Central Library offering a quiet space with 5 bookable PCs, with wide screens, on height-adjustable desks
Contact the College Disability Advisory Service at:
Visiting the libraries
The Central Library and campus libraries are accessible by wheelchair, but some routes are complicated. If you are unsure please contact the relevant library.
Our staffed desks have hearing loops. To make use of this, just turn your hearing aid to the T position. If you are booking one of our training sessions, let the trainer know if you have any special requirements.
Computers and printing
An accessible printer is available on level 1 Central Library.
Please ask library staff if you need to print on coloured paper or require a coloured overlay.
Free software to help you study is available through the Software Hub. Find out more and book a workshop place by visiting Inclusive Technology.