SCONUL Access Band A
Research postgraduates and academic staff
Research postgraduates and academic staff from institutions participating in the SCONUL Access Scheme can apply for a borrowing account at Imperial College London Library.
To be eligible, you must be:
- a permanent member of staff or a member of staff on a fixed term contract
- a postgraduate research student registered for a PhD, MPhil or similar qualification awarded purely by research
Your membership entitles you to use all our libraries.
Imperial members wishing to visit other libraries under the SCONUL Access scheme should see Using other libraries.
How to register
To apply under the SCONUL Access scheme, fill out the online library membership application form, selecting the 'SCONUL Access’ option. Then visit the Welcome Desk in the Abdus Salam Library or one of our campus libraries, and provide:
- a copy of your SCONUL confirmation email for Band A
- a current ID card from your institution - if your ID card does not include your photo, you must bring additional photographic ID
- proof of your current address
- a current email address at your home institution's domain (not gmail, etc).
Borrowing and requests
You may borrow:
|Total items||Number of weeks|
We will automatically renew your items for up to 6 months before they must be returned, unless they have been requested.
If an item is recalled you will need to return it by the due date. Library Services charges fines on recalled items.
Sign in to Library Search to request an item which is out on loan. We will email you when it is available for collection. Your request limit is 3 at one time.
Using e-journals, e-books and databases
Your access to e-journals, e-books and databases is limited only to those permitted by the terms of our licences and only available within the Library. Their use is strictly for non-commercial purposes and you must adhere to licence restrictions.
Imperial is a member of eduroam, a service allowing students, researchers and staff from participating institutions to connect to the internet when visiting other participating institutions, see Visitors and guests.